Exceptional Image Quality Anywhere You Go
An excellent choice for content creators, the lens features a high-speed movie and still compatible autofocus system for fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and with a minimum focusing distance of just 7.9" you can get close-up shots whenever you desire. Safeguarding the lens is a reliable weather-sealed design to ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions, and a fluorine lens coating provides additional protection from dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt.
Advanced Optical Design
- The lens construction integrates two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, two aspherical elements, one DSA (dual super aspherical) element, one EDA extra-low dispersion aspherical element, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko extra-low reflection optical) coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Fluorine coating provides protection to the optical system and repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt, ensuring easy removal even when they adhere to the lens surface.
Versatile and Dependable Workhorse
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-80mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range. Combined with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm, this produces a smooth bokeh quality beneficial to portraiture and close-up photography.
- Movie and still compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Reliable weather-sealed design ensures the lens's performance in inclement and harsh conditions.