An excellent choice for content creators, the lens features a high-speed movie and still compatible autofocus system for fast, smooth, and silent focusing performance, and with a minimum focusing distance of just 7.9" you can get close-up shots whenever you desire. Safeguarding the lens is a reliable weather-sealed design to ensure the lens' performance in inclement and harsh conditions, and a fluorine lens coating provides additional protection from dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt.
- The lens construction integrates two ED (extra-low dispersion) elements, two aspherical elements, one DSA (dual super aspherical) element, one EDA extra-low dispersion aspherical element, one HD element, and two HR (high-refractive index) elements into its design to minimize aberrations, distortion, and color fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko extra-low reflection optical) coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Fluorine coating provides protection to the optical system and repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt, ensuring easy removal even when they adhere to the lens surface.
- Standard wide-angle to portrait-length zoom lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 24-80mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture enables consistent low-light performance and selective focus control throughout the zoom range. Combined with a rounded seven-blade diaphragm, this produces a smooth bokeh quality beneficial to portraiture and close-up photography.
- Movie and still compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Reliable weather-sealed design ensures the lens's performance in inclement and harsh conditions.