For maximum sharpness, the sensor is unhindered by a low-pass filter; it smooths out any moiré through intelligent detail processing from its updated Venus engine. Relying on its next-generation image stabilization, this camera synthesizes eight distinct images into a single 100MP image - all without requiring a tripod.
- The processing speed of the autofocus has been tripled, powering the 315-area contrast-detection depth-from-defocus (DFD) system. The updated algorithm calculates the distance to your subject and predicts whether it is moving closer or further away from the camera, anticipating where it will be for the following frame. It functions by collecting data from several focal planes, then creating a 3D, real-time depth map.
- The subject-tracking focusing system also supports face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. The autofocus will automatically switch from body recognition to face, then eye recognition as the subject approaches the camera for improved sharpness.
- The Focus Limiter, Manual Focus Assist and an updated joystick enable quick and precise focusing. Zone AF is a less obstructive overlay, and Face Priority in Multi Metering prevents unwanted exposure changes.
- This camera provides options to connect to external devices. The USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C enables data transfers of 10Gb/s, powers the camera, or charges the battery. The HDMI Type-A port feeds the footage to an external recorder, or the hot shoe mount connects to an XLR expansion device like the DMW-XLR1 (available separately).
- A 3.5mm headphone jack is located on the side of the camera, above the 3.5mm headphone jack. On the front of the camera, a flash synchro socket doubles as a timecode in/out when using the included BNC converter cable.
Spanning a useful wide-angle to short telephoto range, the Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm f/2.8-4 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is a 24-120mm equivalent zoom designed for Micro Four Thirds cameras. Designed in collaboration with Leica, this versatile lens utilizes four aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements to deliver well-corrected, sharp image quality that is void of color fringing and distortions. The lens also makes use of a linear motor for fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance, and the POWER Optical Image Stabilizer system helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the durable metal body of the lens renders it splash, dust, and freezeproof to suit its use in trying environmental conditions.
Power select Panasonic cameras with the DMW-BLK22 rechargeable lithium-ion battery. This 2200mAh-capacity, 7.2V battery can be charged with the optional DMW-BTC15 or inside the camera via USB.
- Lumix DC-S5