For maximum sharpness, the sensor is unhindered by a low-pass filter; it smooths out any moiré through intelligent detail processing from its updated Venus engine. Relying on its next-generation image stabilization, this camera synthesizes eight distinct images into a single 100MP image - all without requiring a tripod.
- The processing speed of the autofocus has been tripled, powering the 315-area contrast-detection depth-from-defocus (DFD) system. The updated algorithm calculates the distance to your subject and predicts whether it is moving closer or further away from the camera, anticipating where it will be for the following frame. It functions by collecting data from several focal planes, then creating a 3D, real-time depth map.
- The subject-tracking focusing system also supports face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. The autofocus will automatically switch from body recognition to face, then eye recognition as the subject approaches the camera for improved sharpness.
- The Focus Limiter, Manual Focus Assist and an updated joystick enable quick and precise focusing. Zone AF is a less obstructive overlay, and Face Priority in Multi Metering prevents unwanted exposure changes.
- This camera provides options to connect to external devices. The USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C enables data transfers of 10Gb/s, powers the camera, or charges the battery. The HDMI Type-A port feeds the footage to an external recorder, or the hot shoe mount connects to an XLR expansion device like the DMW-XLR1 (available separately).
- A 3.5mm headphone jack is located on the side of the camera, above the 3.5mm headphone jack. On the front of the camera, a flash synchro socket doubles as a timecode in/out when using the included BNC converter cable.
A versatile zoom covering wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, the Lumix G X Vario 12-35mm f/2.8 II ASPH. POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is designed for Micro Four Thirds cameras, where it provides a convenient 24-70mm equivalent focal length range. A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range, and benefits working in difficult lighting conditions as well as enables greater control over depth of field. The sophisticated optical design employs a series of aspherical, low dispersion, and high refractive index glass elements to control a variety of aberrations and distortions for sharp, clean image quality and a Nano Surface Coating has also been applied to reduce ghosting and flare. A POWER Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake to suit handheld shooting, and this O.I.S. system is also compatible with Dual I.S. for enhanced stabilization performance. Additionally, the lens also features a durable all-metal housing that is dust, splash, and freezeproof to enable its use in harsh climates.
The black Outrigger 45 Backpack from Ruggard holds a standard DSLR system and an iPad. The front pocket measures 8.0 x 7.25" and contains five small, pen-sized slip-in slots as well as a mesh stash pocket. The second compartment is dedicated for your iPad. The third compartment measures 14.5 x 8.5" and contains three memory card pockets, two slash stretch pockets, and a key ring. The spacious main compartment for your camera gear includes seven removable dividers that can be configured to accommodate whatever gear you carry.
For carrying comfort, the back of the backpack is made from a breathable, small-mesh, padded material and features a padded shoulder harness. You can also carry the backpack using the nylon grip handle at the top. The backpack has a sternum strap and a hideaway waist strap. An attached rain cover for inclement weather can be hidden away at the base of the backpack.
- Small, exterior, front, zippered pouch has interior mesh slip pocket and an organizer that includes two slip pockets and three pen slots
- Large, exterior, front, zippered pouch has two slip pockets, three touch-fastened memory card pockets, and a key leash
- Two, exterior, expandable side pockets with a touch-fastened closure
- Two, interior, large, zippered mesh pockets on front flap
- Two, large, rigid, padded interior dividers and five small ones can create up to eight sections inside the main compartment
- Elastic touch-fastened band inside main compartment secures larger lenses
- Tough 600D polyester exterior and 200D polyester interior lining
- Front, zippered flap opens all the way down for full access to main compartment