This Sound Devices MixPre-3 II Kit from B&H bundles together a 3-channel / 5-track multitrack 32-bit field recorder with a compatible, durable field bag for your convenience.
The included MixPre-3 II is suitable for field sound mixing, videography, and podcasting. It lets you record up to 3 tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at resolutions and sample rates up to 32-bit / 192 kHz, while monitoring your audio in headphones. The included field case is an ORCA OR-270 Sound Bag made to fit the recorder and accommodate an MX-L battery mount.
For independent filmmakers, field recordists, and podcasters who need pristine audio capture of up to three microphones, the Sound Devices MixPre-3 II multitrack field recorder is an ideal tool. Record up to three tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones. If you choose to use the MixPre-3 II as your studio interface, you'll be able to achieve sample rates up to 96 kHz
The MixPre-3 II offers many upgrades over its predecessor. Chief among these features is the ability to record at 32-bit floating point to an internal SD card. The unit also functions as an audio interface capable of 32-bit floating point streaming over USB to a Mac computer. This makes it nearly impossible for you to clip (distort) audio on the way in. Whether you're recording hot or making use of the unit's astounding 142 dB dynamic range, you'll only be handicapped by the quality of your microphone.
Other improvements include the ability to auto-copy recorded tracks to USB thumb drives, making file transfers a breeze. Lovers of sync will revel in a handy new feature: a full-fledged, built-in timecode generator, accurate to better than 0.2 ppm (0.5 frames in 24 hours). Even when powered off, the MixPre-3 II maintains accurate timecode for up to four hours.
All of this is available in a three-channel package that can be powered from wall chargers, computers, AA batteries, or Sony L-series batteries. Whether you use the device in an advanced or basic capacity, the MixPre-3 II will suit any intimate, field-based production.
The unit can send a complete 32-bit float audio signal over USB when connected to a Mac computer running macOS Catalina (version 10.15 or later).
- Kashmir microphone preamps with 48V phantom power
- Internal timecode generator
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Bit depths up to 32-bit float
- Adjustable limiters
- SD card recording and reading
- Backup to USB drive
- 10 seconds of pre-roll at 48 kHz
- USB control surface support
- Customize with plugins
- Add low cut, high pass, delay, polarity invert, and panning
- Simultaneous recording, mixing, and USB audio streaming
- Trigger record via timecode or HDMI timecode
- Bluetooth for wireless control via Wingman app
- Basic, advanced, and custom modes
- High-fidelity headphone amplifier
The Orca OR-270 Sound Bag is designed to protect and carry the Sound Devices MixPre-3, 3M, 6 or 6M recorder together with the MX-L battery mount. The lightweight case provides access from all sides and includes back and font pockets for holding small accessories, batteries, and wireless receivers. The Orca OR-270 includes a detachable shoulder strap.
- Designed for the Sound Devices MixPre-3, 3M, 6, and 6M portable multitrack music recording mixers
- Accommodates MX-L battery mount
- Holds and protects while traveling and during stage or field use
- Access from all sides
- Front and back pockets
- Internal straps for wireless receivers
- Includes removable shoulder strap