By B&H Photo's
Close-Focusing Wide-Angle Prime
Designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, the Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 9mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens is a close-focusing wide-angle prime ideally suited for landscapes, cityscapes, and close-up scenes. Featuring a unique half-macro design, this lens offers a minimum focusing distance of just 3.7", making it an excellent choice for photographing and filming everything from close-ups of plants and small details to street scenes and vistas. Optimized for video as well as stills, the lens provides smooth and near silent autofocus performance to complement movie recording applications, and the lens is also compatible with micro-step aperture control, which enables smooth exposure changes while recording video.
Sophisticated Optical Design
- Boasting an outstanding optical design, this lens is comprised of twelve elements in nine groups, which include two aspherical elements to maintain a compact form factor and reduce spherical aberrations and distortions.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and one ultra-high refractive index element work to minimize color fringing and chromatic aberrations for increased color fidelity, edge-to-edge sharpness, and high resolving performance.
Versatile Focusing Performance
- Smooth and near silent autofocus performance complements movie recording applications while the quick operation is beneficial to still photographers.
- Excellent video performance with a mechanical design that suppresses focus breathing. Also compatible with micro-step aperture control, which enables smooth exposure changes while recording video.
- Lightweight and rugged wide-angle prime specifically designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 18mm.
- Bright f/1.7 maximum aperture well-suited to working in difficult and low lighting conditions, also affords greater control over depth of field for selective focus techniques.
- Half-macro design benefits working with close-up subjects and provides a minimum focusing distance of just 3.7".
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when making shallow depth of field imagery.
- Dust, splash, and freeze-resistant design protects the lens during heavy field use and harsh conditions.