You can wirelessly jam and control the TC-SL1 from your phone via Bluetooth at up to 250' using the Sidus Audio app or even sync it from Deity TC-1 timecode boxes (available separately) using the company's proprietary 8-channel, 2.4 GHz radio ecosystem. In addition, you can hardwire-jam cameras and audio recorders via the unit's 1/4" TRS and 5-pin LEMO timecode ports, which are compatible with most existing timecode cables. The two NP-F550 rechargeable batteries can be hot-swapped between each other, and the USB-C port can support up to 25W charging.
- Timecode: All SMPTE timecode formats
- Bright LED Dot Matrix timecode display (flippable for tail slating)
- Dimmable, backlit dry-erase surface (with clapper left open)
- Compact, unibody design with built-in handle
- Jam sync and control wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth using the Sidus Audio mobile app for iOS and Android (supports up to 20 TC-SL1s)
- Jam sync and control wirelessly from other TC-SL1 boxes via 8-channel, 2.4 GHz radio ecosystem
- Hardwire jam sync via 5-pin LEMO and 1/4" TRS timecode ports
- Use to generate timecode internally and jam other devices
- Wireless range: 30' (2.4 GHz); 250' (Bluetooth)
- Wireless 2.4 GHz RF channels: 8
- Timecode accuracy: ±0.5 ppm
- Drift: <1 frame per 72 hours
- Frame rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29,97, 29.97DF, 30 fps
- 1" OLED display with onboard controls and menu
- USB-C charging: Two hours to fully charge; up to 120-hour battery life
- Includes two Deity NP-F550 7.4 V/3500mAh rechargeable batteries
- Includes 30W USB-C charger
- Includes carrying case
When you open the clapperboard, you trigger the display and the backlight turns on.
The faceplate is made of a type of dry-erase polymer with an anti-reflective surface. This unique matte finish faceplate means post-production will easily be able to reference the slate during editing.
Two wireless control options are available. Bluetooth 5.0 support allows you to use the Sidus Audio app on your phone to jam sync and control every aspect of up to twenty TC-1 units at a distance up to 250' away.
If you prefer a more hands-on approach, the unit's OLED screen and control panel allow you to sync up to eight units remotely via proprietary wireless 2.4 GHz technology at a distance up to 30' away.
Even after powering down the TC-SL1 timecode will continue running for 6 hours.
The TC-SL1 features a TXCO (Temperature compensated crystal oscillator) with an accuracy of ±0.5 ppm accuracy, yielding an ultralow drift rate of only one frame every 72 hours.
With the app, you can control your TC-SL1's settings, monitor their status, and sync all your units at once.
The clapperboard slate also features a thumb notch, making the whole process of holding and operating the slate easy and comfortable.
And best yet, you can take your digital slate and plug it into the included USB-C charger overnight to top off your current NP-F batteries.
In designing these batteries, Deity also included undervoltage discharge protection, overvoltage protection, and short detection cutoff protection.
Plus, the batteries' Deity yellow exterior shell helps make them easier to spot in the dark. These batteries will work with any device that is compatible with Sony L-Series batteries.
This gives it the ultimate build quality and just feels great in the hands.
Black Walnut is an incredibly durable hardwood. It has excellent shock resistance and resists warping from heat and humidity.