The Deity Microphones TC-SL1 is a Bluetooth-enabled, wireless timecode slate that combines a timecode generator with a dimmable, backlit dry-erase surface, a traditional clapper, and an LED dot-matrix timecode display that's flippable for tail slating. At the core of the smart slate is a high-quality timecode generator that boasts an ultralow drift rate of only one frame every 72 hours, ensuring that your footage and audio remain tightly locked over the course of the day.
You can wirelessly jam and control the TC-SL1 from your phone via Bluetooth at up to 250' using the Sidus Audio app or even sync it from Deity TC-1 timecode boxes (available separately) using the company's proprietary 8-channel, 2.4 GHz radio ecosystem. In addition, you can hardwire-jam cameras and audio recorders via the unit's 1/4" TRS and 5-pin LEMO timecode ports, which are compatible with most existing timecode cables. The two NP-F550 rechargeable batteries can be hot-swapped between each other, and the USB Type-C port can support up to 25W charging.
TC-SL1 Smart Slate at a Glance
- Timecode: All SMPTE timecode formats
- Bright LED Dot Matrix timecode display (flippable for tail slating)
- Dimmable, backlit dry-erase surface (with clapper left open)
- Compact, unibody design with built-in handle
- Jam sync and control wirelessly from your phone via Bluetooth using the Sidus Audio mobile app (supports up to 20 TC-SL1s)
- Jam sync and control wirelessly from other TC-SL1 boxes via 8-channel, 2.4 GHz radio ecosystem
- Hardwire jam sync via 5-pin LEMO and 1/4" TRS timecode ports
- Use to generate timecode internally and jam other devices
- Wireless range: 30' (2.4 GHz); 250' (Bluetooth)
- Wireless 2.4 GHz RF channels: 8
- Timecode accuracy: ±0.5 ppm
- Drift: <1 frame per 72 hours
- Frame rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29,97, 29.97DF, 30 fps
- 1" OLED display with onboard controls and menu
- USB Type-C charging: Two hours to fully charge; up to 120-hour battery life
- Includes two Deity NP-F550 7.4 V/3500 mAh rechargeable batteries
- Includes 30W USB Type-C charger
- Includes carrying case
Dimmable Timecode Slate with Dry-Erase Surface and Clapperboard
Don't Fly Off the Handle
More Battery Capacity
Long-Range Wireless Sync from Your Phone
Wireless connectivity means you can easily jam sync multiple TC-SL1 slates and TC-1 timecode boxes remotely during the day, eliminating even this tiny amount of drift.
Two wireless control options are available. Bluetooth 5.0 support allows you to use the Sidus Audio app on your phone to jam sync and control every aspect of up to twenty TC-1 units at a distance up to 250' away. If you prefer a more hands-on approach, the unit's OLED screen and control panel allow you to sync up to eight units remotely via proprietary wireless 2.4 GHz technology at a distance up to 30' away.