By B&H Photo's
The V-mount V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Camera from RED DIGITAL CINEMA offers up to 8K multiformat video capture, REDCODE Raw, Apple ProRes, and proxy recording, and 1080p live preview streaming in a streamlined form featuring an array of interfaces suitable for high-end crew use. This S35 version of the V-RAPTOR incorporates an interchangeable ARRI PL lens mount, internal ND filters, GbE (Gigabit Ethernet), and a built-in Ambient Lockit timecode/genlock unit.
The combination of Super35 capture, lens mount versatility, and the all-in-one DSMC3 form enables the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 to fit seamlessly into your wildlife and broadcast projects or other shoots involving lots of handheld work and multiple locations. Its industry-standard interface incorporates three 12G/6G/3G-SDI outputs, both 12 and 24V power outputs, timecode and genlock ports, and an integrated V-mount battery plate.
35.4MP CMOS S35 Sensor
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's Super35mm 35.4 MP CMOS sensor provides a practical alternative to full-frame capture that is particularly suitable for in-the-field productions while still offering the high resolution and shallow depth of field beloved by cine-style shooters.
- 16.5+ stops of dynamic range give the V-RAPTOR 8K XL S35 the ability to capture stunning images in any environment you explore.
Interchangeable Lens Mount/Autofocus Options
- Includes an ARRI PL lens mount which can be swapped for a separately available Canon EF mount, enabling you to make use of a large variety of lenses.
- Offers on-sensor enhanced phase-detect autofocus and in-camera AI processing for select EF lenses with face detection and object tracking coming in future updates.
Built-In Pro Interfaces
- Designed for professional crew use with integrated auxiliary power and mounting points for attaching multiple high-end camera accessories.
- Built-in Ambient Lockit mode for wireless genlock and timecode syncing.
- Multiple video outputs, including 12G/6G/3G-SDI.
The streamlined form, interchangeable lens mounts, and the classic Super35 look make the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 ideal for wildlife, broadcast, and cine-style productions.
Internal ND Filters
- Motorized clear and 2 to 7-stop electronic ND filters with 1/3, 1/4, and 1-stop increments provide precision exposure control.
- The internal NDs are easily controlled via the side push buttons or wirelessly using the iOS/Android RED Control app.
Side Control Panel
- Conveniently located on the assistant's side, an easy-to-navigate, 2.4" LCD panel provides comprehensive control, including status updates, in-camera format selection, and customizable buttons.
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's compact and durable DSMC3 form features micro-V battery compatibility, several monitor options, CFexpress card capture, and a modular design that, when paired with a compact Super35 lens, creates a portable, ergonomic form.
The LCD panel is for camera control only; it does not provide preview video.
Streamlined Form with Dual-Voltage Battery Support
- The built-in interfaces and integrated OLED display lend the V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 camera rig a streamlined, accessible form.
- An integrated V-mount battery plate supports 24 to 34V batteries with multiple auxiliary power outputs and standard 12 to 16V batteries.
- The V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35's advanced cooling system uses dedicated fans to separately reduce the temperature of auxiliary power components and camera components while a heat exchanger maintains a precise sensor temperature.
- Together, these cooling functions reduce noise while recording, create a more robust system, and produce less black shading.
RED Control App
- Use the iOS and Android-compatible RED Control or RED Control Pro app for remote or tethered camera access.
- Access is available via Wi-Fi and the USB-C and Ethernet interfaces.