Choose 8K Super35 capture for your productions with the black V-RAPTOR 8K S35 Camera, RED DIGITAL CINEMA's newest DSMC3 model that incorporates an 8K, 35.4MP S35 CMOS sensor. With 16.5+ stops of dynamic range, speedy cine-level scan time, and optimal low-light performance, the V-RAPTOR 8K S35 is ready to bring RED quality imaging to your Super35-format imaging. Its multi-format recording options include 8/7/6/5/4/3/2K, with REDCODE Raw, Apple ProRes, anamorphic, and proxy selections.
The V-RAPTOR 8K S35's active RF lens mount enables you to adapt your capture for each project using a wide array of pro cine or still photo lenses and can be used with an EF lens adapter. Phase-detect and contrast autofocus is available when used with compatible lenses. This combination of Super35 capture, lens versatility, autofocus (for select lenses), and the compact DSMC3 form enables the V-RAPTOR 8K S35 to fit seamlessly into your wildlife and broadcast projects or other shoots involving lots of handheld work and company moves to multiple locations.
- The V-RAPTOR 8K S35's Super35mm 35.4 MP CMOS sensor provides a practical alternative to full-frame capture that is particularly suitable for in-the-field productions while still offering the high resolution and shallow depth of field beloved by cine-style shooters.
- 16.5+ stops of dynamic range give the V-RAPTOR 8K S35 the ability to capture stunning images in any environment you explore
- A wide range of resolutions and frame rates enables the V-RAPTOR 8K S35 to capture up to 120 fps in 8K, 240 fps in UHD 4k, and 480 fps in 2K, with anamorphic options available in 6K, 7K, and 8K.
- The 8K resolution provides the ability to crop multiple shots in a lower resolution from a single 8K take.
- Super35 lens choices provide a more compact form while offering a wide range of zoom and prime lenses for both broadcast and cine-style productions.
- The locking Canon RF lens mount supports select RF to Canon EF-mount adapters, further expanding your lens selection.
- Phase-detect and contrast autofocus is available with compatible lenses.
- Conveniently located on the assistant's side, an easy-to-navigate, 2.4" LCD panel provides comprehensive control, including status updates, in-camera format selection, and customizable buttons.
- The V-RAPTOR 8K S35's compact and durable DSMC3 form features micro-V battery compatibility, several monitor options, CFexpress card capture, and a modular design that, when paired with a compact Super35 lens, creates a portable, ergonomic form.
- Built-in interfaces include dual 12G/6G/3G-SDI video outputs, genlock, timecode, GPIO, and RS-232 ports.
- Wireless 1080p video preview and camera control are available via dual-band Wi-Fi.
- A 5-pin audio port provides a dual channel mic/line input with +48V phantom power.