This Zoom F8n Pro & K-Tek Stingray MixPro Audio Bag Kit from B&H bundles together an 8-input / 10-track multitrack 32-bit field recorder with a compatible, durable audio bag for your convenience.
The included F8n Pro is suitable for field sound mixing, videography, and VR. It lets you record up to 8 tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at resolutions and sample rates up to 32-bit / 192 kHz, while monitoring your audio in headphones. The included K-Tek Stingray MixPro is an audio bag made to fit the recorder, accommodate additional gear, and provide easy access to the recorder's functions.
Capture every location recording quickly and cleanly with the Zoom F8n Pro, a sound bag–friendly multitrack field recorder with 32-bit float technology for immense dynamic range that frees you from clipping and manual gain adjustments. Offering 8-input / 10-track recording, separate converters for quiet and loud sounds, and high-grade preamps with mic/line input switching, the F8n Pro packs quantity and quality into a rugged frame that's more than ready for filmmaking, production/location sound mixing, sound effects recording, and electronic news gathering.
From the large, informative color display and user-friendly controls to the flexible powering methods, remote control options, and precision time code functionality, the F8n Pro is properly equipped to please novices and demanding veterans alike. Whether you need long-duration stereo recording for an interview, redundant capture of multi-mic setups for a video shoot, or Ambisonics sound files for virtual reality and 360-audio projects, the F8n Pro has the modes, resolutions, and media support to handle your crucial audio tasks.
- Separate A/D converters for low and high gain allow the F8n Pro to achieve equally impressive SNR (signal-to-noise ratio) performance for quiet and loud sounds.
- The 32-bit float WAV format can maintain the resolution at the time of recording, and even if normalization processing is performed after recording, the original sound is reproduced without deterioration.
- It can also be used as an 8-input / 4-output USB audio interface that supports 32-bit float resolution.
The pre-record function allows you to capture up to six seconds of audio before you hit the Record button, guaranteeing you never miss a take.
With a transparent and high-output 100mW per channel headphone amplifier tied to a dedicated 1/4" stereo output, the F8n Pro provides clean, efficient monitoring of pre- or post-fader levels, independent left/right signals, and alerts for battery and recording status.
For convenient wireless remote control from an iOS mobile device, use the free "F8 Control" app to quickly monitor and tweak levels, operate transport controls, add metadata, and more. An Android version of F8 Control is planned for release in 2022.
The K-Tek Stingray MixPro Audio Bag is designed for Sound Devices MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 recorders with a couple of wireless systems, NP-1 batteries, and various accessories. Also compatible with the Tascam DR-70D and DR-701D, as well as the Zoom F4 and F8, it can help turn your small recorder into a portable workstation with a multitude of options for accessing connectors, controls, and SD card, in various recording environments when working in the field.
The Stingray MixPro features multilayer exterior walls and a rigid vertical frame that allows the bag to better stand on its own, while protecting equipment and providing full access to the sides and bottom of the recorder. The combined front and bottom flap opens wide to access the internal battery packs and media compartments on the bottom of the MixPre units, and can even reattach to the back of the MixPro. It also allows for front-mounting of the recorder to the bottom of a camera.
The removable front pouch storage compartment is large enough to hold NP-1 batteries with cup adapters, while curved zippers encircle each side panel for full access to cabling into the main compartment. MOLLE straps and D-rings offer plenty of rigging points for additional accessories and allow the Stingray MixPro to be connected by harnesses and waist belts (available separately). A built-in kickstand enables the bag to sit at an angle when placed on a tabletop or when resting on the ground.
The Stingray MixPro ships with a shoulder strap and a removable, clear vinyl cover that provides an unobstructed view of the recorder's screen, while shielding it from rain or splashing.
- Designed for Sound Devices MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 recorders
- Fits Zoom F4 and F8, as well as Tascam DR-70D and DR-701D recorders
- Rigid, internal vertical frame for strength and stability
- Strong protective exterior with multilayer walls
- Soft, orange, high-contrast interior
- Removable front pouch storage compartment large enough to hold NP-1 batteries with cup adapters
- Dual, curved zippers encircle each side panel for full access to inputs, outputs, and controls
- Oversized MOLLE-style straps on the front of the bag accommodate additional accessories
- Built-in kickstand enables convenient access to controls and comfortable viewing whether the user is sitting or standing
- Four D-rings for use with included shoulder strap or Stingray waist belt (available separately)
- Includes clear vinyl shield to cover the exposed top opening—can be folded back or easily removed
- Front flap gives access to battery / media compartment
- Bottom flap gives access to MixPre-3 and MixPre-6 top-mounting points
- Front flap folds down and reattaches to bag's bottom front
- Bottom flap folds completely back and up, to reattach to bag's back top
- Up to four wireless devices
- Up to two NP-1 batteries
- One BDS
- IFB TX
- Camera hop TX
- Small accessories (pens, screwdrivers, and more)