The Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 is the latest compact Super35 camera to join the Blackmagic Design series. This cine-style camera features the same 6K S35 sensor, recording features, dynamic range, interface ports, and controls as the 6K Pro but pares a few features to create a more affordable form. Features inherited from the 6K Pro include a 5" tilting touchscreen LCD, Pro EVF and battery grip options, dual mini-XLR audio inputs, an NP-F570 L-series battery slot, and the updated Gen 5 color science. By eliminating the internal ND filters and reducing the 1500cd/m² LCD brightness of the 6K Pro, Blackmagic now enables users to choose between two near identical 6K models as best suits their priorities.
The Blackmagic Design 6K G2 camera comes with a DaVinci Resolve Studio activation key plus a 30W power supply, offering simultaneous battery charging, an NP-F570 battery, a lens port cap, and a camera strap.
- A new focus-assist intensity adjustment slider
- The ability to select between SD and SSD media on the LCD screen itself
- Frame guide color adjustment
- Improved lens control and autofocus features
- Adds support for focus and zoom demands—no longer just for studio cameras
- Gyro sensor information can be recorded into data and DaVinci Pro can use the gyro data to stabilize the footage
- Choose from a wide array of Canon EF/EF-S-mount lenses
- Electronic lens communication with iris, autofocus, and zoom control available with compatible lenses
- 6144 x 3456 (6K), 6144 x 2560 (6K 2.4:1)
- 5744 x 3024 (5.7K 17:9), 4096 x 2160 (4K DCI)
- 1920 x 1080 (HD)
- Both 2868 x 1512 (2.8K 17:9) and 1920 x 1080 (HD) at rates up to 120 fps
- Like the Blackmagic Studio cameras, the BMPCC 6K G2 has a built-in color corrector that works with the ATEM Mini
- Supports the optional pedestal-style focus and zoom controls