The SGM-250H Shotgun Microphone from Azden is a durable, high-performance mic designed for indie film and TV location recording. With a hypercardioid electret capsule, and an extra-long interference tube, the SGM-250H can deliver ultralow noise and a highly directional pickup pattern that rejects a significant amount of extraneous noise from the sides, while maintaining true-to-life quality sound.
A switchable high-pass filter at 75 Hz provides a convenient method of mitigating low-frequency noise, and the enclosure is made of a rugged aluminum and brass alloy for durability and excellent RF interference protection. The frequency response is wide and flat with a slight bump in the midrange for capturing the nuances of speech without sacrificing quality. A low signal-to-noise ratio and gold-plated XLR connectors ensure a clean, natural sounding signal with minimal obstructive noise. Ideal for filmmakers and video content creators alike, the SGM-250H is a workhorse shotgun mic that can excel in a wide range of shooting scenarios.
- Hypercardioid condenser capsule rejects maximum amount of noise from sides
- Great for tripod or boompole mounting
- Electret capsule circuit delivers ultralow noise and high sensitivity
- Takes 48V phantom power over XLR
- Custom-designed acoustic interference tube with high-precision, phase-canceling slots produces a flat frequency response with excellent directionality and wide dynamic range
- Switchable high-pass filter for attenuating low-frequency noise
- Brass and aluminum alloy case for improved durability and ambient RF resistance
- Gold-plated, 3-pin XLR output connector
- Wide frequency response with slight midrange bump for accurate and life-like audio capture, ideal for voices
- Includes mic clip, foam windscreen, and zipper carrying pouch
- Handcrafted in Japan