Based on a classic optical design from more than 80 years ago, the Biotar 58mm f/1.5 II from Meyer-Optik Gorlitz is a slightly longer-than-normal-length prime for Leica L-mount cameras. Its bright f/1.5 maximum aperture is well-suited for selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques, and this lens provides wonderful color reproduction, excellent sharpness, and natural image compression. An ideal portrait lens, this classic optic lets you create a three-dimensional look that makes the subject jump out of the picture.
- Slightly longer-than-normal-length prime designed for full-frame Leica L-mount cameras, however can also be used on APS-C-format models where it will provide an 87mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.5 maximum aperture allows for extensive control over depth of field, for working with selective focus techniques, and working in low-light conditions.
- Fourteen diaphragm blades contribute to a smooth and distinct bokeh quality, which can be greatly adjusted by varying the aperture setting.
- Offers wonderful color reproduction, excellent sharpness, and natural image compression.
- Vintage optical design and wide maximum aperture lets you create a three-dimensional look that makes the subject jump out of the picture.
- Front 52mm filter thread is consistent throughout the Meyer-Optik Gorlitz version II lens series.