By B&H Photo's
V-RAPTOR XL 8K VV: Advanced Multi-Format Capture
The Gold mount V-RAPTOR XL 8K VV Camera from RED DIGITAL CINEMA offers up to 8K VV multiformat video capture, REDCODE raw and Apple ProRes recording, and 1080p streaming in a streamlined form featuring an array of interfaces suitable for high-end crew use. This follow-up to the V-RAPTOR incorporates internal ND filters and an interchangeable lens mount, and it includes an ARRI PL mount. Its industry-standard interface incorporates three 12G/6G/3G-SDI outputs, both 12 and 24V power outputs, timecode and genlock ports, and a Gold mount battery plate.
Multi-Format 8KVV + 6K S35 Sensor
- This high-end, all-in-one solution offers both 8K VV and 6K S35 sensor selections, enabling creators to tailor their capture to the needs of each of their projects.
- A bevy of frame rates range up to 8K120 and 6K160, it includes multiple anamorphic options, and it offers data rates up to 800 MB/s when using RED or other approved CFexpress cards.
Interchangeable Lens Mount/Autofocus Options
- Includes an ARRI PL lens mount which can be swapped for a separately available Canon EF mount, enabling you to make use of a large variety of lenses.
- Offers on-sensor enhanced phase-detect autofocus and in-camera AI processing for select lenses with face detection and object tracking coming in future updates
Built-In Pro Interfaces
- Designed for professional crew use with integrated auxiliary power and mounting points for attaching multiple high-end camera accessories.
- Built-in Ambient Lockit mode for wireless genlock and timecode syncing.
- Multiple video outputs, including 12G/6G/3G-SDI.
Internal ND Filters
- Motorized clear and 2 to 7-stop ND filters with 1/3, 1/4, and 1-stop increments provide precision exposure control.
- The internal NDs are easily controlled via the side push buttons or wirelessly using the iOS/Android RED Control app.
Streamlined Form with Dual-Voltage Battery Support
- The built-in interfaces and integrated OLED display lend the V-RAPTOR XL camera rig a streamlined, accessible form.
- An integrated Gold mount battery plate supports 24 to 34V batteries with multiple auxiliary power outputs and standard 12 to 16V batteries.
- The V-RAPTOR XL's advanced cooling system uses dedicated fans to separately reduce the temperature of auxiliary power components and camera components while a heat exchanger maintains a precise sensor temperature.
- Together, these cooling functions reduce noise while recording, create a more robust system, and produce less black shading.
RED Control App
- Use the iOS and Android-compatible RED control app for remote or tethered camera access.
- Access is available via Wi-Fi or the USB-C and Ethernet interfaces.