- The FR7 combines a 4K full-frame sensor and compatibility with Sony E-mount lenses to produce outstandingly expressive, cinematic imagery
- 15+ stops of dynamic range and a base ISO of 800 that is expandable from 12,800 to 409,600 for capturing optimal video in an array of lighting conditions
- Compatibility with up to 70 Sony E-mount lenses covers a range of 12 to 1200
- Enables you to capture the widest vistas and the closest details
- Use with G Master (GM) lenses to obtain impressive resolution and pleasing bokeh
- An integrated, electronic ND filter offers variable ND filtration ranging from 1/4 (2 stops) to 1/128 (7 stops)
- Use the ND filter to compensate for changes in exposure without affecting your depth of field
- Create shallow depth-of-field effects by adding the ND and opening the iris
- Output video using the HDMI and up to 12G-SDI video outputs
- Stream RTSP, SRT, or NDI|HX (requires NewTek license) using the LAN port
- The included IR remote can be used for pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ), focus, recording, playback, and other camera settings
- Use with the separately available RM-IP500 control panel with joystick zoom rocker, and buttons
- Web app remote control can be accessed from a tablet or PC browser
- Mount on a tripod or riser using the two 1/4"-20 threads
- Use the optional mount to attach the FR7 camera to a ceiling
- Attach camera accessories using the 15mm rod mounts
- Bring a cinematic look to your PTZ capture and match footage from other Sony cameras with the S-Cinetone picture profile
- The Cine EI mode with MLUT management can be used with S-Log3 or raw recording
- XAVC recording with metadata capture supports up to 10-bit, 4:2:2 color and HDR recording
- A robust interface includes a LAN port for network and PoE++ use, timecode input, a genlock connector, and red/green tally indicators
- Dual media slots are compatible with both CFexpress Type A and SDXC memory cards
Designed to satisfy 4K production requirements, the Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens is a wide-ranging zoom lens that covers wide-angle to telephoto perspectives while adding many features for your full-frame, APS-C, or E-mount camcorder or still photography camera system. The lens features a powered zoom control with a variable speed and zoom rotation direction reversal capability. Powering the zoom function is an SSM (Super Sonic wave Motor) drive that allows precision and quiet operation. Focus noise is also minimized through weight reduction of the focus element group and use of a linear motor. Iris function is also designed to be smooth and silent for cinematography demands.
Angle of view variations while focusing (breathing) and axial displacement while zooming have been reduced while five aspherical elements and three ED elements work with advanced multi-coating technology to minimize distortion and chromatic aberrations while also contributing to sharper overall imagery with enhanced contrast and clarity.
Independent control rings for zoom, focus, and iris (aperture) are provided for and the focus mode can be switched from auto to manual by sliding the focus ring forward so control is maintained at all times. All three control rings have been engineered to provide the right amount of torque for comfortable, responsive operation and the pitch of the scalloping on the rings has been designed for comfortable, slip-free control.
A constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and is especially beneficial when working with greater zoom magnifications in low-light conditions. Also benefiting working in dim light or at the long end of the zoom range is Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, which works to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed steps.