By B&H Photo's
Inspiration in Every Detail
Offering unparalleled performance in a classic design, the Hasselblad X2D 100C Medium Format Mirrorless Camera features a newly developed sensor, an upgraded phase detection autofocus design, and an all-new 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilization system. The X2D 100C also boasts a built-in 1TB SSD and a CFexpress Type B card slot for unprecedented storage performance in the digital photography realm.
100MP BSI CMOS Sensor
Engineered with a large 100MP BSI CMOS sensor, the X2D 100C features an extremely wide dynamic range of up to 15 stops along with vivid 16-bit color depth. The camera's 16-bit color depth can deliver up to 281 trillion colors, 64 times higher than 14-bit. When combined with the Hasselblad Natural Color Solution system, tonal transitions and skin tones show immense depth, detail, and clarity for lifelike image quality. This color management system also creates imagery with exquisite color and detail for exceptionally smooth tonal transitions reminiscent of analog film capture.
Fast and Accurate Phase Detection Autofocus
Designed with a newly developed phase detection autofocus (PDAF) system, the X2D 100C utilizes 294 PDAF zones to provide fast and accurate focusing at the press of a button. Additionally, an updated electronic platform enables a quick 3.4 fps continuous shooting rate to capture fleeting moments in fast-paced environments.
5-Axis 7-Stop In-Body Image Stabilization
Featuring 5-axis 7-stop in-body image stabilization (IBIS), the X2D 100C compensates for five different types of camera shake encountered during handheld shooting of stills. This precise and efficient system significantly reduces motion blur at slower shutter speeds and enables you to confidently capture handheld 100MP images in real-life scenarios.
Equipped with a built-in 1TB SSD with a write speed up to 2370 MB/s, the X2D 100C can store approximately 4600 raw photos or 13,800 JPEG photos. Although ample storage is built-in, additional space can be utilized via the camera's CFexpress Type B card slot. Thanks to its high-speed storage performance, the X2D 100C is able to continuously shoot 16-bit raw images in Continuous Drive Mode, providing a stable and reliable continuous shooting experience.
Upgraded Displays and Viewfinder
- Upgraded 3.6" 2.36m-dot touch-and-tilt rear display provides a genuine and accurate full-view preview. The display also supports 40° and 70° tilting angles for convenient composition, making low-angle shots easier to compose without the need to bend down.
- Designed with a full-color top display, the X2D 100C clearly and intuitively shows camera parameters. The top display also works seamlessly with the tilt-and-touch rear display for low-angle shooting. You can now quickly check shutter, aperture, and ISO without having to frequently check the main screen.
- Enhanced 5.76m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder providing 1.0x magnification for bright and clear eye-level viewing. This upgraded EVF increases contrast during composition in both direct sunlight and low-light scenarios for a sharper view and a clear and immersive experience. Additionally, a new electronic diopter adjustment feature allows for a personally tailored view.
Body Design and Other Camera Features
- Machined from individual blocks of aluminum alloy, the upper and lower shells of the X2D 100C are precisely crafted and manually assembled by experienced technicians.
- Powers on in 2 seconds and provides a shorter shutter lag and blackout time for a smooth operational experience.
- Neat and intuitive Hasselblad User Interface (HUI) provides quick and efficient touch control for swipe, scroll, pinch/spread to zoom, and more.
- Sensitivity range of ISO 64-25600 is available, and still files are saved in the Hasselblad 3FR raw file format or as JPEGs.
- Optimized for use with XCD series of lenses, which offer an integrated central shutter system, capable of sync speeds up to 1/4000 seconds.
- Electronic shutter speeds up to 1/6000 seconds.
- TTL support for Nikon SB-300, SB-500, SB-5000, SB-700, SB-900, and SB-910 flashes, as well as Profoto A1, B1, and B2 flashes for Nikon.
- USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C connector can be used for file transfer, tethered shooting, or for in-camera battery charging via a computer, charger, or power bank.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless sharing of files as well as remote camera control operation.
- iOS device support for iPad models with 3GB of RAM or more and iPhone X or later models running iOS 14.0 or later.
- Platform support for use with macOS 10.15 or later, or Windows 7 64-bit or later.
Firmware Update 3.1.0 Additions
- Face Detection in Autofocus mode for compatible lense
- HEIF format with 10-bit color depth
- Live View Support for tethered shooting when the camera is connected to the latest versions of the Phocus Mobile 2 app or Phocus for Mac
- Optimised sensor calibration to improve image quality
- Support for Profoto A10 for Nikon in TTL mode with the Profoto Connect, Connect Pro, and Air Remote TTL remotes