Bring your mobile sports, event, or multi-camera video productions into the world of 4K with the Panasonic HC-X2 4K Camcorder. Featuring a large 1" 15.03MP 4K sensor, the HC-X2 is can record high-quality, professional-grade video in up to UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) 10-bit 4:2:2 resolutions. You can also record 1080p in VFR (variable frame rate) in 10 increments from 2 to 60 fps, as well as record HD video in a super-slow-motion mode at a frame rate up to 120 fps. The X2 features numerous enhancements to its high-speed AF with face detection, HLG 13-stop dynamic range, a brighter monitor, UHD 4K image stabilization, timecode input and output, HDMI and 3G-SDI output, and built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi.
Whether producing event or ENG-style videos or live streaming, the 20x optical zoom power of the lens starts from a wide 24mm equivalent FOV for shooting in tight spots or grabbing impressive establishing shots, and it extends out to 32x i.Zoom for getting in tight on far-away subjects. The X2 also features built-in Wi-Fi that allows you to live stream via RTMP/RTSP, and it can also tether to a computer using Wi-Fi or USB so you can stream using popular content providers such as YouTube or Facebook Live. You can also wirelessly remotely control the X2 using a tablet or smartphone with a free-to-download Panasonic app.
While 4K video formats may seem daunting, the X2 manages to record them onto convenient SD cards (U3 rated or faster cards are required for video bit rates above 100 Mb/s) that are both small and robust. Two card slots are provided for increased flexibility. You can record to both cards simultaneously, either for backing up or recording high and low bit rate files or enable relay recording to capture a single file that spans multiple cards for longer recording times.
Ergonomically, the X2 features a compact handheld camcorder body with plenty of customizable control buttons for quickly accessing essential functions. When handheld, the sharp OLED EVF is within easy reach, and a high-bright 3.5" touchscreen is offered for monitoring and menu control; and both can be used simultaneously. Waveforms and scopes can be displayed to aid in exposure control. Atop the handgrip sits a large zoom rocker for precise zoom control. Lens functions can also be controlled manually using the three lens rings, one for focus, one for zoom, and one for iris. A 5900mAh battery for powering the X2 is included, along with a charger and a power supply for fixed-position operating.
There are three modes to choose from:
- NORMAL (standard)
- STABLE (effective for fixed-frame shooting)
- PAN/TILT (effective in panning and tilting)
- Area Mode: Auto Focus is easily possible with just a touch on the LCD panel. You can also change this to Auto Iris and Brightness Display on the screen
- Y Get: Measures brightness at the center and displays numerical data
- Focus Assist: When the Focus Assist button is pressed during manual focusing
- Expand: Visibility can be enhanced by expanding the display of any desired part of the screen
- Peaking: The contours of subjects in focus are colored for display emphasis
- Expand and Peaking: Expand and Peaking can be used in combination
- One Press AF: This function temporarily activates Auto Focus when shooting in Manual mode
- Equipped with new, highly efficient codec HEVC recording
- High-bit rate recording with LongGOP; 4:2:2 10-bit (UHD 4K30), 4:2:0 8-bit (UHD 4K60)
- MOV files with compatibility and control are used
- The same file system with the Professional Handheld Camcorder will automatically create filenames 20 characters in length for easy control of clips. Conventional AVCHD acquisition is also supported
- Waveform monitor
- Flash Band detection and correction
- Luminance level adjustment
- Level gauge
- And more