A well-rounded starter set, the Nikon Zfc Mirrorless Camera with 16-50mm Lens and Bag Kit from B&H bundles the DX-format mirrorless camera and NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR wide-angle to portrait-length zoom with a protective camera bag.
Blending classic looks with modern performance, the Nikon Zfc checks off all the boxes on a content creator's wish list: stylish and sleek retro design, impressive image quality with the Z mirrorless system flexibility, and it's optimized for vlogging and video applications.
The Zfc is a DX-format mirrorless camera sporting a 20.9MP CMOS sensor, which pairs with EXPEED 6 image processing to realize quick shooting performance up to 11 fps, UHD 4K video recording at 30p, and sensitivity up to ISO 51200. Despite its classic looks, this camera is updated for contemporary content creation and features a fully articulating touchscreen LCD, supports live streaming, is compatible with external microphones, and has an advanced 209-point AF system with full-time subject tracking and eye-detection AF.
Focusing on the physical design, the Zfc stands out as a clear reference to Nikon's classic SLR film camera heritage, and features several familiar physical controls on the body, including dedicated dials to adjust ISO, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. The body also features a 2.36m-dot OLED EVF and supports SnapBridge wireless connectivity for pairing with a mobile device for remote camera control. Also benefitting on-location shoots and longer takes, the Zfc also supports in-camera battery charging and on-the-go power via the USB C port.
Besides imaging, the sensor's design also incorporates a 209-point hybrid autofocus system, which uses both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to quickly and accurately acquire focus for both stills and video applications. This focusing system also supports Eye Detection AF, which uses facial recognition to help lock focus onto subjects' eyes.
- A large 3" 1.04m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a vari-angle design, which benefits front-facing selfie captures, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 2.36m-dot electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a 1.02x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance.
- Live streaming and web conferencing via separately purchased USB Type-C cable.
- 3.5mm stereo mini-pin jack provides plug-in power
- Included EN-EL25 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 300 shots per charge.
- Compatible with NIKKOR Z lenses as well as F-mount lenses using the separately purchased FTZ Mount Adapter.
Compact and versatile, the Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 24-75mm-equivalent zoom designed for DX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras. Covering a wide-angle to portrait-length zoom range, this lens is well-suited to everyday shooting situations. Its optical design incorporates aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations for sharper, clearer image quality throughout the zoom range. A Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to minimize ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions.
The lens's flexible focal length range is complemented by Vibration Reduction image stabilization, which minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to 4.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. Also, a programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
The Hunter 25 DSLR Holster Bag from Ruggard is slightly larger than the Hunter 15 and holds your DSLR with lens attached, face down, in shooting position. When you're ready to shoot, simply remove your camera, get the shot and replace your camera in the bag. The zippered top of the bag opens away from your body for fast access to your gear. This also serves as a security feature since no one but you will be able to see inside the bag.
The bag has a water-repellent exterior and smooth polyester lining that helps prevent scratches to the finish of your camera/lens combo. Inside, there are two removable touch fastened strips that can be configured to support your gear.
For storage, there is a front zippered organizer panel, mesh side pocket and two side loops that accept optional pouches. On the inside of the quick-release flap, there are two touch fastened memory card pockets. The bag is carried by its removable shoulder strap, top carry handle or belt loop that will leave you hands free. The zippers have yellow pull tabs that make the bag easy to use while you're wearing gloves.