Begin building a custom-tailored medium-format digital camera setup with the GFX 100S Medium Format Mirrorless Camera and Bag Kit from B&H, which pairs the high-resolution camera body with a stylish and protective camera bag.
Redefining medium format, the FUJIFILM GFX 100S pairs an ultrahigh resolution 102MP sensor with an impressively compact and portable mirrorless camera body design. Appealing to both photo and video needs, too, this camera is further rounded out by a durable construction, in-body image stabilization, and apt autofocus to make the camera more accessible and applicable for a variety of shooting needs.
At the heart of the GFX 100S platform is the 102MP 44 x 33mm BSI CMOS sensor, which offers the ultra-high resolution coveted by stills photographers as well impressive 4K video recording options, too. The sensor pairs with the X-Processor 4 in order to output 16-bit raw imagery with a broad dynamic range, low noise levels, and sensitivity to an ISO 12800, and the BSI design of the sensor contributes to high clarity and accurate color rendering when working in a variety of lighting conditions. In terms of video, DCI and UHD 4K video recording is possible at 4:2:0 10-bit internally, 4:2:2 10-bit via HDMI, or raw 12-bit if recording externally, and an F-log gamma setting can also be used for more advanced color grading during post-production. Beyond high-resolution shooting, the unique sensor design also incorporates a sophisticated hybrid AF system that features 425 selectable phase-detection points, which cover nearly the entire frame, and aid with precise face and eye-detection modes.
Balancing the awesome sensor design is a notably compact form factor, which opens up a range of new working scenarios for this high-res platform. Sleek and lightweight, the portability of the GFX 100S is backed up by capable in-body image stabilization that compensates for up to 6 stops of camera shake for improved handheld shooting. Conversely, this stabilization system also enables making 400MP files using Pixel Shift Multi-Shot mode for extreme detail of still subjects. Also contributing to the sleek form factor is a fixed 3.69m-dot EVF for bright eye-level viewing and a rear 3.2" touchscreen LCD with a three-way tilting design.
The image processor and sensor also lend a versatile edge to the system, and permit shooting continuously up to 5 fps or for recording DCI and UHD 4K30 video.
Greatly benefitting overall video performance, the speed of the quad-CPU X-Processor 4 enables fast read speeds when recording 4K video, which helps to reduce rolling shutter distortion when filming moving subjects.
In addition to the supported 10-bit color depth, the GFX 100 also includes the F-Log gamma setting, which provides a flat picture for use in advanced color grading software during editing. This maximizes the potential dynamic range in difficult scenes and image adjustments can be made, as well, to highlight tone, shadow tone, color, and sharpness. HLG recording is supported, too, for HDR applications, and F-Log, HLG, and Film Simulations can all be used simultaneously with raw external output.
Also, the camera features a 3.5mm microphone jack and 3.5mm headphone jack for more advanced audio solutions.
- Updated body shape is noticeably more compact and lightweight than previous GFX 100 models, making it especially well-suited for handheld shooting on location and in studio environments.
- Magnesium alloy body construction is both lightweight and durable, and the camera system is weather sealed to render it moisture- and dust-resistant, as well as freezeproof down to 14°F, for use in inclement conditions.
- Fixed 3.69m-dot OLED electronic viewfinder is featured for high-resolution, 0.77x-magnification eye-level viewing.
- A 3.2" 2.36m-dot touchscreen LCD is also available for image playback, menu navigation, and live view shooting. This LCD features a unique three-way tilting design that moves both upward and downward for shooting from high and low angles, and also tilts to the side to benefit shooting in the vertical orientation when in live view.
- Single NP-W235 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated to provide approximately 460 shots per charge.
- Dual UHS-II SD memory card slots are featured, and permit saving imagery in a sequential manner, backup/duplicate manner, or in a sorted manner to segregate JPEG and raw files.
- The FUJIFILM G lens mount features a short focal flange distance of just 26.7mm to better facilitate adapting lenses and to allow for reduced back focusing distances to better prevent vignetting and promote edge-to-edge sharpness with the GF series of lenses.
- A 1.8" sub-LCD monitor on the top plate can be used to quickly view shooting settings and exposure data.
- Exposure mode dial on the top plate also incorporates six custom positions for quickly switching between pre-configured exposure settings.
- Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 low energy and Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly share images to a mobile device or use the device to remotely control the camera.
- Film Simulation modes allow you to reproduce the look and feel of several of FUJIFILM's film types, including the newly introduced Nostalgic Neg. effect, along with Provia, Velvia, Astia, Classic Chrome, Classic Neg., Pro Neg. Hi, Pro Neg. Standard, Eterna, Eterna Bleach Bypass, Acros, Monochrome, and Sepia. Additionally, Grain Effect can be adjusted as well as Classic Chrome effect to fine-tune the look of imagery.
- Pixel-Shift Multi-Shot mode is capable of producing massive, 400MP images by combining 16 raw images using FUJIFILM's Pixel Shift Combiner software, which can then be output as a DNG file for further processing using most popular editing software.
- Interval shooting is possible for up to 999 consecutive frames with a 1 sec to 24-hour delay between exposures, as well as up to a 24-hour shutter delay.
- Multiple Exposure mode lets you shoot two consecutive overlaid frames, and the first frame will be shown on the rear LCD to aid in alignment for the second exposure.
- A variety of file formats are available depending on your workflow needs and include uncompressed and compressed raw file types; Super Fine, Fine, and Normal JPEG settings; and TIFF files can be output via in-camera raw file development.
The Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo stores and protects a DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached 24-70mm lens, plus an additional 70-200mm lens, a flash, and additional accessories. Alternatively, you can fit a small drone with its controller and accessories in place of your camera equipment. The bag is designed to look like a shoulder bag rather than a camera bag, but it offers dedicated compartments for camera gear.
The bag is made of durable cotton canvas that has been treated for water resistance. It has a large flap with dual turn buckles to keep it securely closed and an interior nylon lining padded with closed-cell foam for protection. The main compartment has padded touch-fastening PE-reinforced dividers for organizing your gear. A large pocket under the flap will hold and organize memory cards, cables, your wallet, keys, and other smaller gear.
A pocket on the back of the bag holds papers and documents like boarding passes safely and securely with fast access to them. A water bottle/accessory pocket on the exterior can be collapsed and strapped tight to further minimize the profile. A simple webbing rail accommodates modular pouches or a carabineer, so you can further customize the bag to your needs and gear. Carry the Retrospective 7M by the padded removable top handle, or wear it with the adjustable padded shoulder strap. You can also attach it to the handle of a rolling carry-on bag. To further protect your valuable gear, a seam-sealed rain cover is included for wet weather conditions.