For maximum sharpness, the sensor is unhindered by a low-pass filter; it smooths out any moiré through intelligent detail processing from its updated Venus engine. Relying on its next-generation image stabilization, this camera synthesizes eight distinct images into a single 100MP image - all without requiring a tripod.
- The processing speed of the autofocus has been tripled, powering the 315-area contrast-detection depth-from-defocus (DFD) system. The updated algorithm calculates the distance to your subject and predicts whether it is moving closer or further away from the camera, anticipating where it will be for the following frame. It functions by collecting data from several focal planes, then creating a 3D, real-time depth map.
- The subject-tracking focusing system also supports face, eye, head, body, and animal recognition. The autofocus will automatically switch from body recognition to face, then eye recognition as the subject approaches the camera for improved sharpness.
- The Focus Limiter, Manual Focus Assist and an updated joystick enable quick and precise focusing. Zone AF is a less obstructive overlay, and Face Priority in Multi Metering prevents unwanted exposure changes.
- This camera provides options to connect to external devices. The USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C enables data transfers of 10Gb/s, powers the camera, or charges the battery. The HDMI Type-A port feeds the footage to an external recorder, or the hot shoe mount connects to an XLR expansion device like the DMW-XLR1 (available separately).
- A 3.5mm headphone jack is located on the side of the camera, above the 3.5mm headphone jack. On the front of the camera, a flash synchro socket doubles as a timecode in/out when using the included BNC converter cable.
Versatility within a short telephoto range, the Leica DG Vario-Summilux 25-50mm f/1.7 ASPH., from Panasonic, is a 50-100mm-equivalent zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Ideal for portraiture, fashion, events, and other mid-range subjects, this lens pairs the useful focal length range with an impressively bright constant f/1.7 maximum aperture, advanced optics, and a portable form factor.
The Retrospective 7M Shoulder Bag from Think Tank Photo stores and protects a DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached 24-70mm lens, plus an additional 70-200mm lens, a flash, and additional accessories. Alternatively, you can fit a small drone with its controller and accessories in place of your camera equipment. The bag is designed to look like a shoulder bag rather than a camera bag, but it offers dedicated compartments for camera gear.
The bag is made of durable cotton canvas that has been treated for water resistance. It has a large flap with dual turn buckles to keep it securely closed and an interior nylon lining padded with closed-cell foam for protection. The main compartment has padded touch-fastening PE-reinforced dividers for organizing your gear. A large pocket under the flap will hold and organize memory cards, cables, your wallet, keys, and other smaller gear.
A pocket on the back of the bag holds papers and documents like boarding passes safely and securely with fast access to them. A water bottle/accessory pocket on the exterior can be collapsed and strapped tight to further minimize the profile. A simple webbing rail accommodates modular pouches or a carabineer, so you can further customize the bag to your needs and gear. Carry the Retrospective 7M by the padded removable top handle, or wear it with the adjustable padded shoulder strap. You can also attach it to the handle of a rolling carry-on bag. To further protect your valuable gear, a seam-sealed rain cover is included for wet weather conditions.