Taking a concept that originated with the ZV-1, the ZV-E10 is the mirrorless continuation of this idea of a camera built around the concept of vlogging. It's a highly capable and portable camera but incorporates a series of design choices and shooting modes that are ideal for single-person productions. A vari-angle screen lets you accurately frame up shots, the integrated directional mic is purpose-built for recording more accurate sound from front-facing subjects, and shooting modes like Background Defocus and Product Showcase help you highlight specific subjects with ease.
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Side-opening screen allows for a redesigned top plate, which incorporates a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors. It attaches using the supplied wind screen adapter, which mounts into the shoe mount on the top of the camera and holds the wind screen to the side.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are also featured for more advanced audio recording, and the Multi Interface Shoe also benefits audio recording capabilities. This accessory shoe supports a digital audio interface that helps to achieve lower noise during recording and also eliminates cable clutter and the need for external power when working with compatible shoe-mounted mics.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring. Also, the LCD can display a red border frame to further serve as an additional recording indicator.
- Live streaming is possible directly from the camera simply by connecting the camera to a computer or compatible mobile device via USB, allowing the camera's video and audio capabilities to be used for live social media and video conferencing. UVC and UAC standards are supported for improved picture and sound quality during streaming.
- Product Showcase setting is ideal for vlogging and product review or demonstration videos and allows for quick and smooth focus transitions between a subject's face and an object placed in front of the lens.
- Face-Priority AE detects the subject's face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade. The AE technology also suppresses abrupt changes in exposure if the subject quickly turns away from the frame to eliminate unexpected blown-out or extremely dark shots.
- Refined color science helps to optimize skin tones for any subject, in both still and video modes, in order to achieve a healthy and natural look that is inclusive of different ages, genders, and ethnicity.
- Soft Skin Effect can be used to soften and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on a subject's face to create a natural, smooth complexion. The default setting is Mid and can be adjusted to Off, Low, or Hi. For longer takes, extended continuous video recording is available when setting the Auto Power OFF Temp. function to High.
- Background Defocus lets you immediately switch to the maximum aperture setting of the attached lens, using a custom button function, for isolating your subject using shallow depth of field and bokeh.
- Movie footage can be tagged with specific metadata to indicate vertical recording orientation for direct playback in smartphone apps or for other instances when vertical video playback is needed.
- Active SteadyShot is an advanced image stabilization mode that ensures steady video while moving, even when handheld shooting while walking.
- A revised APS-C-format 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor realizes smooth, nuanced image quality with minimal noise and high sensitivity from ISO 100-32000, which can further be expanded to ISO 51200 for working in low-light conditions.
- The sensor dimensions are approximately 3x larger than a 1" sensor, and up to 10x larger than some smartphone sensors, enabling greater sensitivity, reduced noise, and improved control over depth of field.
- The sensor and BIONZ X processor combination also avails a top continuous-shooting rate of 11 fps with AF and AE and permits 14-bit raw file output for a wide tonal and color scale.
- The sensor's design incorporates a 425-point Fast Hybrid AF system, which blends both phase-detection and contrast-detection methods to achieve focusing performance that is fast, natural, and accurate.
- The on-chip focusing system covers 84% of the sensor field and is capable of achieving focus in as little as 0.02 sec.
- Real-time Eye AF can prioritize focusing on human or animal eyes for ensured sharpness when making portraits. When selected, this function is activated by half-pressing the shutter button and you can further choose to prioritize either the right or left eye.
- Real-time tracking utilizes AI-based algorithms to automatically recognize and track moving subjects. If Face/Eye Priority AF is on, this tracking method will further track a subject's eye or face in real time with seamless changing depending on the status of the moving subject.
- UHD 4K video recording is possible up to 30p and uses full pixel readout with 6K oversampling to yield greater detail with reduced moiré and aliasing. Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps, and both resolutions utilize the 100 Mb/s XAVC S format contained within an MP4 wrapper with 4:2:0 sampling. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
- No recording limit for movie recording, allowing for longer takes and uninterrupted shooting of live events.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, the ZV-E10 allows users to adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Use the same S-Log2 Gamma Curve that is found on high-end Sony Cinema cameras, which squeezes up to 1300% more dynamic range into the video signal then traditional Rec. 709, for increased post-production flexibility. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) support is also available, along with the BT.2020 color space, for recording within a wide color gamut and, in addition to S-Log2, S-Log3 is also available for producing an effective 14-stop dynamic range with increased grading control in the shadow to mid-tone regions of the image.
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode allows shooters to capture Full HD video at specified steps between 1-120 fps. These settings will allow you to slow down action as well as speed up a slow-moving scene.
- Interval shooting mode is ideal for creating time-lapse movies with the aid of Imaging Edge software. Intervals can be selected between 1-60 seconds for recording up to 9999 sequential free. Also, in-camera battery charging is possible via the USB port using a portable battery to benefit long interval shooting sessions.
- Built for portable applications and one-handed use, the camera incorporates a large right-hand grip and intuitive physical control layout.
- Grip design, along with the vari-angle LCD, also suits working from front-facing angles, such as when vlogging or taking selfies.
- Integrated zoom lever surrounds the shutter button and works in conjunction with select Power Zoom lenses.
- Vari-angle screen can be closed against the body, with the screen facing inward, to automatically power off the camera even when the power switch is set to 'On'.
- Dedicated Movie Record, Background Defocus, Product Showcase, and S&Q buttons provide direct access to common features used by vloggers.
- Included NP-FW50 battery is rated for up to 440 shots or approximately 125 minutes of recording per charge. Power can also be supplied to the camera through the USB Type-C port or by using the optional AC-PW20AM AC adapter.
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release.
- The ZV-E10 is also compatible with the Movie Edit add-on from the Imaging Edge mobile app.
- Bluetooth connectivity enables connecting to the optional GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip for efficient camera control.
- A variable aperture of f/3.5-5.6 helps keep the lens' overall size and weight to a minimum.
- Due to a retractable design, this lens can be made to be extremely compact when not in use.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Four aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Power Zoom mechanism enables making smooth zoom movements, suitable for video recording, via the on-lens switch or via camera-based controls on select camera bodies.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera's sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.
- An internal focus design contributes to fast autofocus speeds and the minimum focus distance is just 9.8", suiting working with close-up subjects.
Vloggers and content creators can elevate their camera's audio with the Sony ECM-G1, an ultracompact, camera-mount shotgun microphone optimized for capturing clear and intelligible speech for video. Whether you're shooting interviews, outdoor street scenes, or just quick updates for social media, the ECM-G1's highly directional supercardioid pickup pattern focuses audio capture narrowly on the subject directly in front of the camera, helping to reject unwanted background sound from the sides and rear. The large 14.6mm mic capsule delivers a full-range sound, rivaling that of a dedicated professional audio recorder like the Sony PCM-D100.
The ECM-G1 offers a 3.5mm output jack for use with a wide variety of DSLR and mirrorless cameras (3.5mm audio cable included). And, of course, the mic is compatible with Sony's Multi-Interface (MI) shoe, which provides Sony shooters with a cable-free connection for powering and in-camera audio recording. A furry windscreen is included for outdoor shoots.
- With a weight of only 1.2 ounces and a length of only 1.9", you can leave the ultracompact ECM-G1 attached to your camera all the time, so you don't have to sacrifice audio quality on a spur-of-the-moment take.
- The unobtrusive design ensures the mic stays out of the way of both the viewfinder and your framed shot, even with wide-angle lenses, making it ideal for tight vlogging shots.
- The back of the microphone won't touch your forehead when you're looking through the viewfinder and setup is easy, even with gimbals and grips.
- No cables are required for connection to a wide range of Sony cameras equipped with an MI shoe. The absence of connecting cables means that no noise can be transmitted to the microphone mechanically via cables and connectors, and that no cable gets in the way of your shoot.
- Power is supplied via the MI shoe in compatible cameras, so you don't have to worry about microphone batteries running out during a shoot.
- The ECM-G1 also comes with a 3.5mm audio-output jack and cable for use on compatible DSLR/mirrorless cameras and recording devices equipped with a 3.5mm audio-input jack.
- In this configuration, the mic runs on internal battery power.
- The ECM-G1 features a vibration-suppressing design to effectively minimize reduce minor bumps and mechanical noise—such as when focusing or zooming—which can degrade audio quality.
- The ECM-G1 comes with a furry windshield that's easily detachable and effective with reducing wind noise for capturing crisp audio on outdoor shoots.
- a9 II, a7R IV, a6600, a6100, RX100 VII, ZV-1
- a9, a7R III, a7 III, a6400, RX0 II compatible once updated to latest firmware
The 64GB SF-E Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card from Sony features a storage capacity of 64GB and takes advantage of the UHS-II bus to support advanced DSLR functions such as continuous shutter bursts and rapid shooting, as well as raw and JPEG captures. This card is also well-suited for video capture, including 4K, 3D, HFR, and Full HD video, and can achieve maximum read speeds of up to 270 MB/s and maximum write speeds of up to 70 MB/s. Thanks to its V30 speed class rating, minimum write speeds are guaranteed not to drop below 30 MB/s.
UHS-II media achieves its speed through an extra row of pins and while this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-II / V30 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-II / V30. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating. When used in a UHS-I device, this card will deliver read speeds of up to 95 MB/s and write speeds of up to 70 MB/s.
As with most Sony cards, this memory card is resistant against water, dust, drops, temperature, UV light, and X-rays and. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download File Rescue software for free to help recover deleted content.