- Dual EXPEED 6 image processors offer increased buffer performance, a faster 10 fps continuous shooting rate, and noticeably reduced blackout times in the viewfinder.
- Updated autofocus now includes Eye and Face Detection for both humans and animals in the Wide-Area AF mode, for both photo and video recording.
- Timed long exposure shooting is now possible for up to 900 seconds (15 minutes) without the need of an external remote.
- Dual memory card slots offer more flexible file storage capabilities; one CFexpress Type B and one SD UHS-II slot permit overflow, segregated, and repetitive saving options.
- USB Type-C port permits in-camera charging or continuous power for on-the-go charging or extended shooting times.
- The rotation direction of the focus ring on lenses can be switched to suit one's familiarity.
- Support for HDR (HLG) mode when recording externally gives instant HDR-suitable video files for immediate playback. N-Log is also available for enhanced control during post-production and grading, too.
- Eligible for an optional ProRes RAW upgrade, enabling the camera to output ProRes RAW footage to a compatible Atomos external recorder. This upgrade provides greater color grading flexibility with the ProRes codec along with the ability to output uncompressed 12-bit raw footage over HDMI. This upgrade will be available in early 2021.
- The SnapBridge wireless connectivity can be used to update the camera's firmware, instead of relying on a memory card-based system of updating.
- Updated creative shooting modes include Multiple Exposure, 20 different Picture Control settings, and in-camera Timelapse recording. There is also a Focus Shift mode for recording up to 300 sequential frames with the focus position shifted between exposures for focus stacking applications.
- Compatible with optional MB-N11 Power Battery Pack for additional battery life and improved handling.
Advanced video functionalities have been added with the Z7 II, including the N-Log gamma for capturing flat-looking footage that maximizes dynamic range and HLG (HDR) for recording HDR-ready footage. Other additions are the ability to output high-quality 10-bit data over HDMI and an Electronic VR function for smooth handheld shooting. Focus Peaking can be used to benefit manual focus control and a Zebra Stripes option is also available to help detect over-exposed areas within the frame. Audio recording can be handled using the built-in stereo microphone or an optional external mic can be added via the 3.5mm stereo jack for greater control over quality, and live monitoring is possible via the headphone jack.
Firmware version 1.10 unlocks UHD 4K recording at 60p and 50p frame rates and enables raw video output to Blackmagic Design Video Assist external recorders, and also improves eye-detection performance Auto-Area AF and Wide-Area AF modes.
In-body 5-axis sensor-shift Vibration Reduction compensates for up to 5 stops of camera shake regardless of the Z-type lens being used. This system also works with adapted F-mount lenses, when using the optional FTZ Adapter, where 3-axis stabilization is used.
- A large 3.2" 2.1m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear, and vivid image playback and live view shooting. The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles, and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation, and settings control.
- A 3.6m-dot OLED electronic finder is present for comfortable eye-level viewing. It has a high 0.80x magnification and uses NIKKOR optics to guarantee a sharp, clear image. The finder also has a fluorine coating for easier cleaning.
- The top panel of the Z7 II is configured with a dot-matrix OLED. This low-energy display provides quick access to important camera settings.
- Configured with one CFexpress Type B/XQD memory card slot and one UHS-II SD card slot, flexible file storage is possible with the option to use repetitive, overflow, or segregated storage methods.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust- and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The ergonomic grip and overall form factor is shaped to benefit handling for extended periods of time and is further accentuated by an anti-slip material and a joystick for seamless settings and focus point selection.
- Built-in SnapBridge connectivity to enable seamless transfer of low-resolution imagery as well as remote shooting capabilities. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) and Wi-Fi enables communication between the camera and a smart device and, additionally, the mobile device can remotely trigger the shutter and display a live view image from the camera to enable working from a distance. Additionally, SnapBridge can also be used as an easier method of updating the camera's firmware.
Covering a useful range of focal lengths, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is a versatile zoom, spanning wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives. Its constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range and also helps to realize a more compact and lightweight alternative to an f/2.8 zoom. In regard to the optical design, a unique aspherical extra-low dispersion element, in addition to three aspherical elements, is used to help reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions throughout the zoom range in order to achieve high image sharpness and clarity. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color rendering in bright and backlit conditions.
Complementing the optics, a stepping motor provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. A programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings. Additionally, the lens has a button-less retractable barrel to realize a more compact form factor when not in use.
- The Ninja V features a highly responsive 5" IPS LCD screen that is illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m² LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood.
- The screen is also color-calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
- Record Apple ProRes and ProRes RAW with select cameras at rates up to DCI 4K60 and up to 120 fps in HD.
- Enables ProRes RAW capture with smaller, more cost-effective, mirrorless cameras.
- Avid DNxHD/HR compatibility enables wide camera and editing software compatibility.
- HEVC/H.265 dual recording is available when using the Camera to Cloud mode.
- Display ten+ stops of dynamic range of your camera's log image with AtomHDR
- 1920 x 1080 display with 1000cd/m² brightness for daylight viewing
- 10-bit color processing and user calibration
- Supports custom LUTs
- Record DCI or UHD 4K at rates up to 60 fps, including 24 and 25 fps for a more filmlike aesthetic. All recordings are stored as high-quality Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR files with up to 10-bit 4:2:2 chroma subsampling.
- The Ninja V also supports 5K and 6K RAW and 3.5K anamorphic RAW using select cameras.
- A variety of bit rates are available to fit your project and storage needs.
- The Atomos CONNECT is the ultimate expansion module for the Ninja V, providing an SDI interface that offers compatibility with a range of cameras and 12G-SDI to HDMI cross-conversion that expands your workflow options.
- Use the Atomos CONNECT to live stream to popular platforms and custom RTMP/S destinations to share your content from almost anywhere.
- Preserve your images in a 4:2:2, 8- or 10-bit format via your camera's HDMI output, even when the camera is recording compressed 4:2:0 8-bit video internally.
- Support for an array of industry-standard Log formats enables the Ninja V to capture optimal dynamic range and bypass your camera's internal compression.
- HDR monitoring is enabled by the Ninja V's compatibility with a wide range of industry-standard gamuts.
- See the Atomos website for the latest Log compatibility.
- The Atomos Cloud Studio (ACS) provides a collection of online production services for video creators and streamers. Pair your Ninja V with an Atomos CONNECT to use ACS to live stream to popular platforms and customized RTMP/S destinations.
- ACS also provides support for Adobe's Camera to Cloud (C2C) service that offers full-resolution capture, proxy file sharing, and real-time collaboration.
- Seamlessly connect to Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, DaVinci Resolve, or Media Composer via Adobe C2C.
Outfit your 5" monitor with power options and travel accessories with this 5" Accessory Kit from Atomos. It's compatible with Ninja V, Shinobi, or Shinobi SDI monitor with two L-series batteries, a fast charger, a DC power supply, a sun hood, a screen protector, and a plastic travel case.
Mount your monitor with the AtomX 5 and 7" Monitor Mount from Atomos. The mount is compatible with the Atomos Shinobi, Ninja V, Flame, and Inferno series. It features a quick release plate, as well as 360° pan and 180° tilt functionality.
Connect your DCI 4K photo or video camera to your compatible monitor or display with the 17.7" ZILR Hyper-Thin High-Speed Micro-HDMI to HDMI Cable. It supports HDR10 and resolutions up to DCI 4K at 60 Hz for vibrant, ultra-high resolution playback with compatible source equipment and displays.