Designed by cinematographers for cinematographers, the Orion 32mm T2 2x Anamorphic Prime Lens from Atlas Lens Co. produces a vintage anamorphic look for Super 35-sensor cine-style cameras. The 32mm creates a wide-angle field of view with the shallow dept of field found in a telephoto prime. To maximize compatibility, this PL-mount lens can be switched to a Canon EF mount using a separately available Atlas mount kit. Anamorphic lens characteristics include "waterfall" bokeh, streak effects, and a spherical aberration glow when used wide open.
This mechanically dependable prime lens features a design that is standardized across the series with unified focus and iris gear positions and a common 114mm front diameter that make lens swaps easier when using cine-style matte boxes and FIZ systems. The Orion 32mm prime comes with focus marks in feet but can be switched by the user to meters using a separately available focus scale.
- Creates twice the horizontal field with the same vertical field of view as a similar spherical lens.
- Creates a wide-angle view with the shallow depth of field inherent to telephoto prime.
- Use this Orion series lens to create a vintage anamorphic look replete with "waterfall" bokeh, streak effects, and a spherical aberration glow when used wide open.
- Compatible with ARRI PL-mount cameras or with Canon EF-mount cameras when used with the separately available mount kit.
- Works with Sony E-mount or Micro Four Thirds cameras using separately available adapters.
- Covers up to Super 35-format camera sensors.
- Use with the separately available Atlas 1.6x LF extender for full-frame coverage.
- A fast T2 aperture enables low-light capture.
- Stopping down to T2.8 or less produces a crisp, flat-field look.
- The mechanically dependable design is standardized across the series for reliable performance.
- Unified focus and iris gear positions reduce the need for adjustment when switching lenses on your rig.
- The standardized 114mm front diameter is compatible with many filters and matte boxes.
- Custom support feet are available separately.
- The 270° of focus barrel rotation enables smooth, precise focus pulls.
- The focus scales are adjustable in the field for maximum accuracy.
- Focus scales in feet can be replaced by the user with those in meters and vice versa.