This B&H Kit combines the Synology DiskStation DS723+ 2-Bay NAS Enclosure with two Seagate 4TB IronWolf 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDDs for a storage capacity of 8TB.
Enjoy strong performance and versatility while expanding your storage capacity with the Synology DiskStation DS723+ 2-Bay NAS Enclosure. Up to two separately purchased 2.5" / 3.5" SATA drives may be installed into this compact enclosure and configured for RAID 0, 1, Synology Hybrid, or JBOD modes. Two M.2 2280 SSD cache drives may also be installed to enhance performance, achieving maximum read and write speeds of 471 MB/s and 225 MB/s, respectively. The two Gigabit Ethernet ports may be linked together with link aggregation, allowing you to quickly backup and share data with connected devices.
The DiskStation DS723+ is designed for easy expansion so that it can adapt to your changing needs. This includes installing up to 32GB of ECC DDR4 memory and a 10G network upgrade module. The DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system includes built-in file and photo management, data protection, virtualization, and surveillance solutions.
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection for shared folders and LUNs.
- File- and folder-level data restoration enables recovery of specific files or folders.
- Flexible storage quota system helps admins manage available space by specifying storage limits for shared folders.
- File self-healing detects and recovers corrupted files using mirrored metadata and RAID configurations.
- Inline compression minimizes storage consumption and extends the life of drives by compressing data before it is written to the storage pool.
- Active Backup Suite consolidates backup tasks and offers rapid restoration of Windows and Linux endpoints, VMs, Synology NAS, and SaaS applications.
- Snapshot Replication creates point-in-time copies of shared folders and LUNs to protect them from accidental modifications or ransomware incidents.
- Hyper Backup backs up your NAS data to multiple destinations securely and efficiently with integrity checks and powerful deduplication, compression, and versioning options.
- C2 Storage for Hyper Backup offers a dedicated secure public cloud destination for Synology NAS backup data.
- Synology Drive is a cloud file management solution that supports file sharing, remote data access, cross-device and cross-site synchronization, on-demand file restoration, and backup.
- The Synology Office extension lets users collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, and presentation slides in real time, supported by convenient options such as file versioning for easy restoration and password protection.
- Synology Photos serves as a media organization hub for enthusiasts and professionals looking to efficiently manage and share their photos and videos through intuitive browsing options and secure sharing methods.
- Synology Hybrid Share combines reliable on-premises storage and efficient syncing of shared folders in the cloud to enable seamless cross-site synchronization and local file access at LAN speed.
- 8,300+ supported camera models.
- ONVIF support for a broader selection of cameras.
- Private, subscription-free storage of recordings.
- Access through web browsers, desktop clients, or mobile apps.
- Event-based rules to trigger specific actions.
- Email, SMS, and push notification options.
- Synology Storage Console for VMware or Windows platforms lets you manage VM storage components directly from your hypervisor. VMware VAAI integration and Windows ODX help offload storage operations and speed up data transfer.
- Host light containers and VMs for testing, sandboxing, and emergency recovery purposes with Docker and Synology Virtual Machine Manager, a native hypervisor that supports Windows, Linux, and Virtual DSM10.
Designed for use in 1-8 bay NAS systems within home, SOHO, and small business environments, the 4TB IronWolf 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from Seagate is built to withstand 24x7 operations, or up to 180TB per year / 8760 hours per year. This 4TB drive has been equipped with a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, a 3.5" form factor, and a 256MB cache, providing users with an ample storage capacity and data transfer speeds of up to 202 MB/s. The IronWolf also has an MTBF rating of 1.0 million hours, a workload rate of up to 180TB per year, a non-recoverable read error rate of 1 per 1014, supports 600,000 load/unload cycles, and an annualized failure rate (AFR) of 0.87%. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year warranty.