The GY-HC500UN Connected Cam 4K NDI-Enabled Professional Camcorder from JVC is an updated, NDI-enabled model with all the same features as the original GY-HC500U UHD 4K camcorder. It captures video in both NTSC and PAL compatible frame rates and is designed to seamlessly work with both traditional as well as NDI and IP workflows. It features a 1" CMOS sensor and an integrated 20x optical zoom lens, while the camera can create a 40x digital zoom. The camera can capture in UHD, HD, and SD, and you can record SD as proxy, recording up to 30p to the built-in media card slots or 60/50p to an optional SSD. The camera supports HDR by recording in HLG or JLog1 (10-bit).
The camera captures in various flavors of ProRes as well as MP4, and it is capable of streaming HD over IP via a wired connection. The integrated 20x zoom lens features three manual control rings for iris, focus, and zoom. The EVF features LCOS technology and over 1.2 million dots of resolution, while the built-in flip-out LCD viewfinder is just under 4" diagonally. The camera can live stream HD while recording 4K and outputting 4K via the HDMI output. It features IFB and return video over IP as well as auto FTP, so your video files transfer automatically. It has two SDHC/SDXC card slots and features a slot for an optional M.2 SSD (requires optional media adapter caddy) for capturing UHD at 60/50p.
- High-performance 1080p60/50 live streaming (4K Rec + HD streaming + 4K HDMI output)
- Secure Reliable Transport (SRT) QoS for reliable quality streaming (v0110)
- Facebook Live streaming with secure RTMPS protocol (v0110)
- Low-latency and high-quality streaming up to 20 Mb/s
- LAN terminal (Streaming/IFB/Remote) in addition to USB host (v3.0)
- HEVC/H.265 encoding for streaming with a 50% reduction in bit rate or contribution quality
- 4:2:2 10-bit streaming at up to 24 Mb/s (via optional KA-EN200G)
- Return over IP (Return video and IFB)
- Auto FTP to upload native video clips automatically