By B&H Photo's
Offering a focal length ideally suited for portraiture, street scenes, and all-purpose shooting, the Sigma 50mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens delivers sophisticated optical performance and fast autofocus in a compact and lightweight design.
One of the most versatile focal lengths available, this 50mm lens pairs its normal field of view with a bright f/2 maximum aperture that strikes a balance between a compact design and low-light performance plus control over depth of field. This combination makes the 50mm f/2 an ideal everyday lens for environmental portraiture and landscapes with a narrow-enough field of view to isolate details and subjects within busy scenes.
- Contemporary Line lens features a compact design that measures approximately 2.75 x 2.75" and a weight of just over 12 oz, making it portable enough for everyday shooting needs without compromising on optics or speed.
- Internal focusing design pairs with a stepping AF motor for responsive and fast focusing performance that's suitable for both stills and video applications.
- Optical design includes one SLD element and three aspherical elements, to optimize sharpness and limit aberrations, and a Super Multi-Layer Coating that controls flare and reflections.
- Rounded 9-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with AF assist function and lens aberration correction on supported cameras.
- Dust and splash-resistant construction with a brass bayonet mount for ensured accuracy and durability.
I Series Lens
The Sigma I Series is a group of full-frame-compatible lenses emphasizing the ideal mixture of performance and compactness for mirrorless shooters. Combining high optical performance with a stylish and sleek design, these lenses are well-matched to contemporary mirrorless cameras and shooters who prioritize lenses with a high degree of usability, portability, and capability.
- I Series lenses have an all-metal construction, including precision-cut aluminum parts on the barrel that offers an elegant finish that's equally durable. Metal materials are also used throughout the internal construction for added robustness and reliability that is inspired by Sigma's Cine lens lineup.
- Knurled aperture and focus rings, along with an included knurled metal lens hood, further contribute to a pleasing tactile experience.
- In addition to knurled details, the lens features an intuitive AF/MF switch and the aperture ring includes an 'A' position for quick switching to an aperture-priority exposure mode.
- I Series lenses include both a conventional plastic lens cap along with a magnetic metal lens cap for more streamlined and minimal attachment method.
- Magnetic lens cap is compatible with optional CH-11 Magnetic Cap Holder.