- UHD 4K recording is possible with frame rates up to 120p and full HD recording up to 240p, using full 1:1 pixel readout without binning. Internal 10-bit 4:2:2 sampling is also possible in all recording modes.
- The camera supports All-Intra (All-I) and XAVC S-I, which are intraframe codecs for consistent performance and quality at bitrates up to 600 Mb/s.
- The high-speed, 120 fps recording enables slow-motion movie recording, or, if moving down to Full HD resolution, an effective 240 fps frame rate is also available for even greater motion control.
- Suiting long-form recording, the ZV-E1 does not have any recording time limits to allow for unlimited clip lengths. The camera's physical design also features an improved heat-dissipating structure to promote longer possible recording times, up to an approximate 60-minute recording time at 4K60p.
- The Cinematic Vlog setting provides cinematic settings with one touch. You can set all your cinema settings right on one screen, including aspect ratio, frame rate, look mode, mood, and AF modes.
- S-Cinetone can be used to deliver distinct colors and healthy-looking skin tone rendering that matches the a7S III, FX9, and FX6 cameras and is based on technology from the professional Cinema Line cameras, such as the VENICE. This color profile offers natural mid-tones, soft colors, and especially well-controlled highlights.
- Affording extensive customizable color and gamma controls, you can adjust the gamma, black level, knee, color level, and more. Also, users can use the same S-Log3/S-Gamut3.Cine Gamma Curve that is found on high end Sony Cinema cameras for increased post-production flexibility.
- Users can import and apply their own LUTs for additional gamma and image profile options
The Multiple Face Recognition setting allows the camera to automatically track multiple subjects within the frame. It facilitates framing stabilization and automatically tracks your subject in frame, to make sure the subject stays within the frame.
The Product Showcase Setting provides an AF tracking switch between your product and subject, to maintain the same bokeh on different subjects.
Optical active mode that increases image stabilization when walking with the camera, and dynamic active mode adds electronic stabilization that is even more effective when using fast movements and longer focal lengths.
For use in professional situations, the camera features a tally lamp, a custom video control layout, an integrated shooting grip, and a self timer.
You can also livestream with the camera with its webcam function using a computer. You can output up to 4K30 video (or 1080p60 video) via USB-C to a computer and utilize the camera to live stream via a computer app. It supports UVC/UAC control protocol standards.
- A tally lamp provides an indicator for your subject to show when the camera is recording
- The housing is dust and moisture resistant for reliable operation in harsh weather conditions
- Accepts the high-capacity Z battery rechargeable lithium-ion battery, which provides approximately 570 stills/120 minutes of video recording per charge