The long-awaited installment in the popular series of fast, compact cameras, the Ricoh GR III Diary Edition Digital Camera continues the legacy of being a pocketable powerhouse, offering impressive image quality, fast response, and immense portability. Featuring a redeveloped imaging feature-set, the GR III incorporates a 24.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor and GR Engine 6 to realize smooth tonality, rich color and high sensitivity from ISO 100-102400, along with the ability to produce high-resolution 14-bit DNG stills or Full HD video. Complementing the sensor design is an 18.3mm, f/2.8 prime lens, which has a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 28mm. Additionally, a first for GR, a 3-axis Shake Reduction System compensates for the effects of camera shake to help render sharper handheld shots when working with slower shutter speeds.
Physically, the GR III looks familiarly compact, but incorporates a redesigned control scheme to promote a larger, more comfortable grip while maintaining easy access to physical controls. A 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD is used for image composition, playback, and menu navigation, and its touchscreen design offers intuitive control along with Touch AF capabilities. Additionally, built-in Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi can be used to pair with a mobile device for quick, wireless transferring of files to your smartphone or tablet.
- Featuring a textured metallic surface, the camera body was designed to reflect the camera's reliability and quality, with the textured finish also ensuring a firm grip. The attractive finish also gives the camera an appearance that makes it appear as more than an imaging tool, and the warm color allows the camera to easily blend into daily life.
- Negative-Film Image Control Mode adjusts the color tones based on negative film, allowing the retro look of photos printed from negative film.
- Power-Off Info Display shows current firmware version and the total number of shots in a single day.
- Smartphone integration enhanced with a power-off function from ImageSync is now available. You can check and transfer images and turn off the power while the camera is in your bag.
- An original shut-down screen features the original, emboss-type product logo against a background with a fabric-like texture and a color symbolizing the camera body finish.
In addition to stills shooting, the GR III is also capable of recording Full HD 1080 video at 60p, 30p, and 24p frame rates.
- The hallmark feature of the GR-series is its compact, pocketable size while still retaining a large image sensor and a bright prime lens.
- Integrated 3.0" 1.037m-dot LCD features a capacitive touchscreen design for intuitive, familiar operation during shooting, playback, and menu navigation.
- The rear layout of the camera has been completely redesigned and prioritizes a larger, more comfortable thumb grip along with easily accessible physical dials. Additionally, the ADJ lever, FN button, and Touch AF operations can be programmed to handle specific assignable functions for more personalized control.
- Start-up time has been reduced to 0.8 sec and Hybrid AF performance has been quickened for more seamless operation.
- Integrated Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi afford wireless connectivity between the camera and a paired mobile device, and allow you to embed location info within your files as well as transfer files to your mobile device, even when the camera is turned off.
- Included DB-110 rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers approximately 200 shots per charge.
- USB Type-C port allows you to transfer files or recharge the battery in-camera.