By B&H Photo's
An unprecedented super-telephoto zoom lens for Z-series mirrorless cameras, the NIKKOR Z 180-600mm f/5.6-6.3 VR Lens from Nikon provides outstanding sharpness across the entire zoom range. Created for the demanding needs of sports and wildlife photographers, this lens covers an expansive telephoto range allowing you to capture thrilling photos and videos in a relatively compact and lightweight design.
- Features six ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements to increase light transmission and decrease light dispersion, effectively eliminating chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for notable clarity and color accuracy.
- Utilizes a single aspherical glass element to minimize distortion and coma at wide apertures. The aspherical element also enables a lighter and more compact size, which is particularly useful for super-telephoto zoom lenses.
- A FLC fluorine coating effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt, ensuring easy removal even when they adhere to the lens surface. This coating endures a high frequency of lens surface wiping, and its anti-reflective effect also contributes to the capture of clear images.
Autofocus and Vibration Reduction
- STM stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, and quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This drive system also offers impressively smooth and quiet autofocus performance that is well-suited to both stills and video applications.
- A/M mode standing for Auto-Priority Manual Mode enables an easy transition from autofocus to manual during AF operation.
- Internal focusing lens design keeps the lens the same size during zoom and autofocus operation. This also allows for a compact form factor capable of close focusing distances.
- Provides a minimum focusing distance 4.3', along with a 0.25x maximum magnification at the 180mm zoom position for capturing close-up details and subjects.
- Built-in optical Vibration Reduction (VR) system improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. This in-lens technology provides a stabilization effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 5.5 stops faster, reducing camera blur when panning to track fast-moving subjects.
Handling and Design
- At its widest setting, this lens is great for locating your subject. With a mere 70° turn of the zoom ring, you can reach all the way to 600mm for tight framing with beautiful background compression.
- Customizable control ring and function buttons provide intuitive control points for quickly changing exposure settings and other functions.
- Durable and weather-sealed lens barrel along with a front fluorine coating for use in inclement conditions.
- Rotating tripod collar offers mounting stability when shooting atop a monopod or tripod.
- Compatible with Nikon Z-series teleconverters, the lens allows you to extend your effective focal length to 840mm with the 1.4x teleconverter and up to 1200mm with the 2x teleconverter.