New and enhanced features of the DJI Air 3 Drone with RC-N2 make it even easier for content creators to capture complex and high-quality professional footage. The Air 3 now incorporates a dual camera system, with wide-angle and 3x medium telephoto lenses for both focusing on subjects and capturing sweeping landscapes. Both have larger 1/1.3" CMOS sensors that can capture 48MP images, video up to 4K100, and even 2.7K social media-ready vertical video. Flight time and transmission range have been increased, omnidirectional obstacle avoidance is smoother, and pre-programmed flights are now possible with the inclusion of Waypoints. All this and more can be taken to almost any location, as the Air 3 continues to provide a compact and folding design.
Stunning Professional Video
Video up to 4K100 is possible, in addition to 4K60 when adding HDR and 2.7K vertical videos. The 2.4 μm pixel size is incorporated into each of the two cameras for improved low-light performance, and two color modes are available for speedier post-processing. The 10-bit D-Log M retains more highlights and details in captured footage for more flexibility when editing, and 10-bit HLG retains a higher dynamic range for excellent results without the need for color grading.
2.7K Vertical Video
Both the wide-angle and 3x telephoto cameras are capable of recording clips in 2.7K with vertical orientation. By saving video directly to this aspect ratio, you save a ton of time in cropping, as each clip is immediately ready for sharing on social media platforms.
Using pre-programmed flight modes, beginners can find it easier to execute complex aerial movements and tracking shots, making their footage look much more professional with minimal effort. Professionals also benefit by applying the time they save in execution to other aspects of the shoot or adding additional shots. The DJI Air 3 provides four different flight modes:
- FocusTrack: Uses the obstacle avoidance system to stay safe, as it keeps subjects centered in the frame using the 3x telephoto camera.
- QuickShots: Select from several pre-programmed camera movements to add creativity to your video: Rocket, Dronie, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid.
- MasterShots: Fast and easy cinematic footage is possible with automatic complex camera movements, in addition to editing clips with music, transitions, and effects.
- Hyperlapse: Select from Free, Circle, Course Lock, and Waypoint to capture timelapse video at up to 4K (horizontally) or 2.7K (vertically). Waypoint is new to the Air 3, letting you plan flight routes and drone actions in advance. These routes are repeatable, making it possible to achieve day-to-night or season-to-season transitions.
Use this mode to capture noise-free footage at up to 4K30 resolution in low-light conditions.
APAS 5.0 Obstacle Avoidance
Built-in sensors automatically detect obstacles in any direction during flight. When an object is detected, APAS 5.0 takes over to smoothly fly around the obstacle to avoid an accident.
When triggered to come home, the Air 3 can automatically plot an optimized flight route back to base while using the obstacle avoidance system to keep it safe along the way.
- Up to 46 minutes of flight time
- O4 1080p60 video transmission from up to 12.4 miles away
- Spotlight 2.0
- ActiveTrack 5.0
- Point of Interest 3.0