Comprising the essential components needed to begin shooting, the black K-3 Mark III DSLR Camera Body with Accessories Kit from B&H bundles the APS-C-format camera body with a memory card and a bag.
Proving the DSLR is still a highly capable tool, the Pentax K-3 Mark III marries contemporary imaging capabilities with the trusty and familiar design of an SLR. Taking the flagship spot in Pentax's APS-C lineup, the K-3 Mark III is characterized by a new 25.7MP BSI CMOS sensor, a high-density 101-point AF system, a revised pentaprism optical viewfinder, and an advanced SR II Shake Reduction System. As a Pentax, too, the K-3 Mark III is also distinguished by its robust physical construction and extensive weather sealing for working in harsh weather conditions and climates.
The K-3 Mark III's updated sensor and processing capabilities offer a blend of high-resolution stills performance with apt speed to suit a variety of shooting scenarios. Up to 12 fps continuous shooting is possible along with UHD 4K video recording. For stills, a new SAFOX 13 AF system features 101 phase-detection points for quick and accurate focusing performance with apt subject tracking capabilities.
Complementing the imaging, this camera relies on Pentax's attention to details and how cameras are handled and used, and as such features a tough and robust physical construction with an ergonomic design and intuitive controls. The improved optical viewfinder provides realistic and detailed eye-level viewing while the rear 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD offers easy control over settings and image review. The K-3 Mark III is also benefitted by dual SD memory card slots, both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless interfaces, and a revised button design for more direct access to exposure and AF point control.
Beyond controlling camera shake, the SR II mechanism also benefits stills applications by enabling a Pixel Shift Resolution feature and an AA Filter Simulator function. Pixel Shift Resolution shifts the sensor in small increments in sequential shots in order to capture full color information at each pixel site, then composites these sequential frames to produce a single image with richer detail and resolution. The AA Filter Simulator, on the other hand, utilizes microscopic vibrations during the capture process to help mitigate moiré in order to produce clean renderings of fabrics and other high-frequency materials. This system works in conjunction with the sensor that lacks an AA filter, so you have the choice between gaining the most resolution or reducing moiré under specific scenarios.
- Large and bright optical pentaprism viewfinder provides an impressive 1.05x magnification and covers 100% of the image frame for clear and accurate eye-level viewing. The pentaprism's design has also been updated to use high-refraction glass, optimized coatings, and a distortion-correcting element to reduce aberrations and promote high clarity and color fidelity.
- Rear 3.2" 1.62m-dot touchscreen LCD is a large and bright means for image review, menu navigation, and live view shooting. This screen is also benefitted by a Night Vision function that adjusts the screen's brightness depending on the shooting conditions.
- Typical of Pentax's designs, a sturdy and weather-resistant construction is featured for use in trying weather conditions. The chassis is built from lightweight-yet-durable magnesium alloy and is fitted with a series of dust- and moisture-resistant seals to protect against various weather conditions. The camera is also freezeproof down to 14°F and the durability is carried over to the shutter unit as well, which is rated for 300,000 shutter actuations.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are featured to benefit audio performance while recording video.
- Updated control scheme includes a new AF point selector lever for intuitive point selection; a Hyper Operation system with a new Advanced mode for more intuitive exposure mode control; an Operation Control Lock function to prevent accidental settings changes; and a new Smart Function mode and dedicated button for quick selection of settings and functions.
- Included D-LI90 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 800 shots per charge and the camera's USB Type-C port can be used for in-body battery charging.
- Dual SD memory card slots offer flexible storage capabilities and the first card slot is compatible with the UHS-II standard for faster transfer speeds.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity can be used to wirelessly share imagery or remotely control the camera via the Image Sync mobile app.
Designed for SD devices that can capture Full HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as raw and burst photography, the 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I SDXC Memory Card from SanDisk has a capacity of 64GB, is compatible with the UHS-I bus, and features a speed class rating of V30, which guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. If your device does not support the V30 standard, this card also supports the U3 standard, which likewise guarantees minimum write speeds of 30 MB/s. Read speeds are supported up to 200 MB/s and write speeds max out at 90 MB/s. A built-in write-protect switch helps to safeguard against the accidental erasure of card data.
While this card has been designed for cameras that are UHS-I / V30 / U3 compatible, it may be used in devices that do not support UHS-I / V30 / U3. However, bear in mind that this card will then default to your device's speed class and bus rating, such as UHS-I and U1, which supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s, or Class 10, which also supports minimum write speeds of 10 MB/s.
As with most SanDisk cards, this memory card is shockproof, X-ray proof, waterproof, while also being able to withstand temperatures from -13 to 185°F, allowing you to take this card with you into extreme environments, such as snow, deserts, and pools. Should the card's data become compromised, you also benefit from the option to download RescuePRO Deluxe software as well as a limited lifetime warranty.
The Journey 44 DSLR Shoulder Bag, in black, from Ruggard stores and protects your compact DSLR or mirrorless camera with an attached lens and grip. It also fits up to three extra lenses and various small accessories. This handsome bag features a large flap with a quick release buckle, and double-pull zipper closure. The main compartment has four padded, touch-fastening dividers for organizing equipment. A light gray interior lining makes it easier to locate gear in low light. Under the lid is a large, zippered, mesh accessory pocket. Small accessories are easily accommodated in the front exterior zippered pocket. Inside this pocket are two slip-in pockets, two memory card pockets with touch-fastening flaps, and a zippered mesh pocket.
Photographers will appreciate the neoprene water bottle/accessory pocket located on the exterior left side of the bag. On the opposite side is a strap for attaching accessories. Carry the Journey 44 Shoulder Bag by the padded top handle, or wear with the removable, adjustable, padded shoulder strap. The strap has swiveling snap-hooks that attach to metal D-rings on either side of bag. And on the back of the bag is a trolley strap that comes in handy when traveling with rolling luggage. Two strips of plastic feet on the bottom of the bag help protect it against abrasion. This well-made bag is constructed from weather-resistant polyester and ballistic nylon.