The black Shure AD2/K11B is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/K11B comes equipped with a KSM11B condenser capsule featuring a cardioid polar pattern with consistent off-axis rejection that focuses audio capture on the talent and picks up less background noise. The capsule offers an aluminum and steel grille that protects the mic and provides a 3-layer pop filter to help reduce breath and plosive noises. The built-in shockmount helps reduce handling noise during live performance for clearer vocals. The deep cardioid pattern offers solid gain before feedback, with minimal off-axis coloration, for a warm, full sound.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330'. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminum case, the AD2/KSM11B transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
- The KSM11B is a proprietary wireless condenser microphone capsule utilizing a 3/4" gold diaphragm and premium electronics for exceptional dynamic range and transient response.
- The capsule features a highly consistent, deep cardioid polar pattern that reduces off-axis phase distortion for pristinely focused vocal reproduction to provide rich and full low-frequency response, linear and transparent midrange, and natural high-end detail.
- The dent-resistant, three-stage "pop" protection grille reduces plosives, wind, and other breath noise.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM11B capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM8, SM58, Beta 58A, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage with lowest latency and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.