Spanning a convenient 70-200mm equivalent focal length range, the redesigned Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 35-100mm f/2.8 POWER O.I.S. Lens from Panasonic is a telephoto zoom designed according to Leica's strict quality standards for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Working in conjunction with the versatile portrait-length to telephoto focal length range is a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture that benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions as well as affords notable control over depth of field. A pair of extra-low dispersion elements and one ultra extra-low dispersion element are featured within the optical design to reduce fringing and chromatic aberrations, and an anti-reflective coating inside the lens barrel has been added to the original Nano Surface Coating that has also been applied to suppress ghosting and flare even under strong light sources. Complementing the advanced optical design, this lens also features a POWER Optical Image Stabilizer, which is compatible with Dual I.S., and a linear autofocus motor that offers quick, quiet, and near silent focusing performance to suit video and stills applications. Additionally, this 35-100mm lens also sports a dust, splash, and freezeproof physical design to enable working in trying environmental conditions.
- Telephoto zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, this lens provides a 70-200mm 35mm equivalent focal length range.
- Designed in collaboration with Leica according to the company's strict quality standards, the lens has an optimally arranged structure featuring two extra-low dispersion elements and one ultra extra-low dispersion element to deliver clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy throughout the entirety of the zoom range and across all edges of the photo.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent performance throughout the zoom range, while a micro-step aperture control allows for smooth exposure changes during video recording.
- In-barrel anti-reflective lens coating added to Nano Surface Coating to reduce flare and ghosting and improve contrast and color neutrality even under the strong light sources.
- Linear autofocus motor delivers fast AF performance that is also precise, smooth, and near-silent to benefit both stills and video applications.
- POWER Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting and supports the Dual I.S. function for increased stabilization performance.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.