The Nokton 50mm f/1.0 Lens for Canon RF from Voigtlander is an ultra-fast aperture manual focus standard lens. Covering a full-frame image circle, the lens is optimized for the image sensor of the Canon EOS R system. The lens captures the image made by the optics without any electronic interference. The lens is equipped with electronic contacts that support Exif information communications between the lens and the body.
This ultra-fast prime lens features an aspherical glass element with a high refractive index, combined with a floating lens element, which together allow stable image quality to be obtained from the closest shooting distance of 17.7" to infinity. Focusing is manual with a wide metal focus ring which has a diamond pattern for excellent and accurate grip.
The lens aperture is controlled by a mechanical ring on the lens. The aperture ring has a click-switching mechanism that allows the aperture to be used without clicks when shooting video. The 12-bladed diaphragm and wide f/1.0 aperture allows extreme bokeh, smooth out-of-focus areas, and point light sources to be captured in a well-defined form. A metal lens hood is included to prevent lens flare and screws directly into the 67mm front filter thread.
- Ground aspherical (GA) lens element for excellent optical performance
- Full-frame image circle coverage for Canon RF mounts
- Electronic contacts supports data communications with the camera body
- Focus peaking, magnification, and focus guide support functions
- Image stabilization available only with bodies equipped with in-body image stabilization
- Rigid and durable all-metal lens barrel
- Manual focus for reliable fine focus
- Floating lens element for consistent focus
- 12-blade aperture diaphragm for beautiful bokeh
- Selective aperture click for clickless operation for video applications