The QSC CX404 Installation 4-Channel Power Amplifier is a 2 RU power amplifier designed for commercial sound reinforcement applications such as retail outlets, restaurants, performance halls, houses of worship, sports clubs, gymnasiums, pubs, and more. The amplifier uses PowerLight switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size.
The output section features a Class-AB+B architecture with bipolar circuitry. The amplifier offers full protection from DC, infrasonic & ultrasonic frequencies, thermal overload, and short circuits. Automatic current limiting protects the amplifier from damage until the short is corrected. The DC protection systems prevent loudspeaker damage in the unlikely event of an output transistor failure. DC voltage from the power supply is never passed directly to your speakers, even in case of an output circuit breakdown.
The rear panel provides four detachable Euro-style input connectors and dual six-position barrier strips with dual-channel and bridge mono output connections. There are DIP switch controls for clip limiters, bridge, mono, and parallel operation, as well as selectable high-pass filters which offer 33 and 75 Hz settings and protect against speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material. The QSC CX404 includes a power cord and a security plate.
- Compact: 2 RU and 14" deep for reduced rack cost and floor space
- Bridgeable channels 1 + 2 and 3 + 4, for maximum flexibility
- Active inrush limiting eliminates AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- Two HD15 DataPort connectors for Q-SYS networked control and monitoring
- Custom integrated security cover for tamper-proof installations
- Variable-speed fan for low noise
- 1-dB detented gain controls for fast and accurate gain settings
- Detachable Euro-style input connectors
- DIP switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge mono, and parallel operation
- Exclusive PowerLight switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers and prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material (33 or 75 Hz)
- Comprehensive front panel indicators including signal, clip, protect and QSC's exclusive bridge mono and parallel input LEDs
- Barrier strip output connector
- Comprehensive protection circuitry including DC, infrasonic, thermal overload, and short circuit protection
- High-performance Class AB+B complementary bipolar output circuitry
- Lightweight: Only 21 pounds for easier racking and shipping
- Meets the European Union's 2006 RoHS directive to restrict the use of hazardous materials used in electronic devices