The Heliopan 30.5mm Screw-in Rubber Lens Hood is designed to prevent unwanted stray light from entering a lens by extending and shading its front end. This prevents lens flare and improves image contrast. In addition, since the end of a lens is extended when using a hood, you also get the benefit of extra protection from accidental impact to that lens's front element.
This lens hood is constructed with a rubber compound that is UV and temperature resistant, and the rubber material can be rolled back for storage or to convert the hood for use with wide-angle lenses. By rolling back the lens hood, its opening can be made to correspond with a wide-angle lens's angle of view so that vignetting is avoided.
A metal mounting ring connects the hood to a lens with 30.5mm filter threads and a 0.75mm thread pitch. The mounting ring also features corresponding 30.5mm front filter threads which can be used to accommodate filters, lens caps, or other threaded accessories.
- Fits lenses with 30.5mm filter threads and a 0.75mm pitch
- Blocks light from the sides of a lens's front element
- Prevents lens flare and improves image contrast
- Rolls back for storage or to avoid vignetting with wide-angle lenses
- Double-threaded connecting ring allows a filter with 30.5mm rear threads with a 0.75mm pitch to be attached after the lens hood is screwed onto a filter or lens
- Accepts lens caps
- Provides protection from accidental impacts to a lens's front element
- UV and temperature resistant