An ideal companion for hunters, shooters, birders, and nature enthusiasts of every stripe, the 45° angled viewing Pentax PF-80EDA 80mm Spotting Scope delivers bright and sharp high-contrast images with true-to-life color and crisp clarity—even in low or challenging light conditions.
Image quality is enhanced through the use of extra-low dispersion rare earth lanthanum crown glass lens elements, in a 3-element/3-group configuration, with the proprietary SMC (Super-Multi-Coating) multi-layer coatings and BAK4 Porro prisms. These optical features work together to minimize aberrations while maximizing light transmission, increasing color fidelity and contrast, and improving clarity and resolution. The large 80mm objective boosts the spotter's light-gathering capability to keep views bright and clear in even the most challenging light conditions and when viewing subjects that are at extreme distances. This model is offered without an eyepiece, but a 1.25" collet-style press-fit holder accepts standard telescope eyepieces—which offer a dizzying array of magnification options from fixed to zoom—and holds them firmly and securely in place with a centered optical alignment.
Optimized for your viewing comfort, the eyepiece holder is set at a 45° angle to the body and the tripod mount collar allows the body to rotate. Taken together, these two features enable you to precisely place the eyepiece in a comfortable position that requires the least amount of head movement during use whether you are standing, sitting, or lying prone. The spotter's nitrogen-filled magnesium housing is water and fogproof, making it able to handle extreme weather conditions and sharply changing temperatures without affecting its performance. The armored body absorbs light shocks in addition to providing a secure grip when conditions get wet or while wearing gloves. An objective lens shade is built into the front bell, which can further enhance image contrast and clarity by blocking light from causing glare and lens flare.
- Eyepiece required for proper use
- Collet-style press-fit eyepiece holder holds the eyepiece firmly in place and optically centered
- Large 80mm objective lens configuration produces a bright and clear field of view that is optimized for long-distance spotting, even in challenging light conditions
- High-resolution extra-low dispersion (ED) rare earth lanthanum crown glass elements deliver sharp, high-resolution images with minimal chromatic aberrations
- BAK4 Porro prism light path eliminates the internal interference suffered by roof prism designs, ensuring crisp views with high resolution
- Proprietary SMC (Super-Multi-Coating) multi-layer coatings on lenses maximize light transmission to produce accurate color fidelity with improved contrast and clarity
- 3-element/3-group eyepiece lens configuration improves image quality by reducing lens-edge distortion
- Eyepiece holder is set at a 45° angle to the body, placing the user's head in a comfortable viewing position whether they are standing, sitting, or lying prone
- Low-profile focusing knob reduces snag hazards—especially when removing from and placing body in the included case
- Rotating tripod collar allows the user to adjust the orientation of the eyepiece holder to the tripod head to achieve optimum viewing comfort
- Standard 1/4"-20 tripod mount makes it compatible with a wide assortment of photo/video/field tripods, heads, and quick release plates and other support systems like window mounts
- Integrated sight aids in finding elusive targets like small game and birds before looking through a magnified eyepiece
- Built-in lens shade cuts excessive light from causing lens flares on the objective and helps to prevent rain and other weather elements from interfering with view
- Accepts all standard 1.25" telescope eyepieces, allowing a wide variety of fixed and zoom options
- Four optional wide-angle XW-series eyepieces available separately: Three cost-efficient XF-series eyepieces and one versatile zoom eyepiece
- Lightweight magnesium alloy body makes it easier to carry in the field, with added shock resistance to protect the optics
- Protective rubber housing further enhances shock resistance and durability
- Dust-shielding glass element in the eyepiece receptacle maintains waterproof IPX8 rating
- Filled with nitrogen gas to prevent internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature changes and providing clear viewing under rapidly changing conditions
- Carrying case included to provide added protection during transport and storage
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Length: 16.3"