Thanks to its dual-diaphragm capsule design and special transformerless circuitry, the CAD M179 large-diaphragm multipattern condenser microphone provides extremely versatile pickup patterns, fast transient response, and very-low self-noise, rendering it a suitable main mic for vocals, voice-overs, and a variety of acoustic and amplified instruments. Not only does the mic offer a clean and open sound, but the included shockmount helps to eliminate extraneous vibration noises and the internal pop filter lessens breath and plosive sounds.
Rather than having just a few polar patterns, the polar response of the M179 is continuously variable. This functionality enables the user to select cardioid, hypercardioid, subcardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional, or in-between patterns; the turn of a dial shifts the balance of directional focus and ambient pickup. Plus, there are switchable settings to impede distortion on loud sources (via the -20 pad) and control bass buildup (via the 100 Hz high-pass filter) for further optimization of the mic's sound. The M179 connects to an available XLR mic input that supplies 24 to 52 VDC phantom power.
- Continuously variable pattern with a cardioid center detent
- Large 1.1" dual-diaphragm external bias condenser capsule
- Gold-sputtered diaphragms
- High SPL capability (143 dB SPL with pad)
- Transformerless balanced output circuits
- Non-capacitive pad (-20 dB)
- Gentle high-pass filter (6 dB/octave at 100 Hz)
- Stainless steel internal pop/EMI filter
- Includes vibration-absorbing shockmount
- XLR 3-pin output connector