Rear projection screens shall be Da-Lite's Polacoat In-Wall DA-GLAS, type VIDEO VISION, DA-100, DA-150, DA-180, DA-230 in thickness of 1/4" or 3/8" or 1/2" as manufactured by Da-Lite Screen Company, Inc., Polacoat Division, Blue Ash, Ohio. The screen substrate shall be clear float glass. The substrate shall have an optical coating on one surface not exceeding .004" in thickness. The height and width dimensions shall be as detailed with tolerances of + .125" for 1/4", + .250" for 3/8", or + .375" for 1/2".
- When a multiple screen installation is chosen, it is required that the surface butt edges be custom prepared. This is a special process. Contact our Sales Department for complete information.
- Da-Lite's Polacoat rear projection screens are made to the exact dimensions requested by the purchaser plus or minus (+) the following standard tolerances. The user must allow for any space between the screen and the opening that would be required for proper mounting. MAINTENANCE Da-Lite Rear Projection Screens, glass or acrylic, are designed for a long, useful life. Properly installed and cared for, they will produce high quality images for many years. Listed below are recommended methods to clean, handle and repair optical panels. Repair of damage not described herein should be discussed with our Sales Department. Liability and risk in cleaning or repairing rear projection screens are assumed by the user.
- Da-Lite Lenskleen Cleaner is especially formulated to clean Da-Lite's Polacoat rear projection screens. Remove dust by gently washing the screen with a soft cloth and mild solution of dishwashing liquid and water. Rinse with clear water and blot dry. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents, solvents, commercial cleaners, or ammonia cleaning solutions.
- Slight scuffs and scratches on screens may be removed by cleaning the area thoroughly with mild soap and water. A light application of mineral oil on scratch marks will seal slight damage.
- Upon receipt of crates inspect immediately for concealed damage Keep screens in shipping cartons until used. Store in a dry area between 40°F and 100°F. Screens, cartons, and crates should always be stored and handled in an upright position. Never lean or stack them flat. Cotton gloves are recommended for safe handling. Handle screens by edges. Installation locations should always be cleaned and free of any objects or solvents which could fall onto the surface of the screen.
- Screens can be ordered without frames and framed with wood, plastic or metal on site. Large Da-Plex screens should be installed so weight is suspended from the top. All construction, painting and finishing should be completed before installation to reduce the chance of damage to the optical surface. It is recommended that installation of unframed screens be handled by experienced glaziers. Detailed installation instructions accompany each screen.
- Da-Plex rear projection screens shall be mounted with the coated surface toward the audience.