Optimized for comfortable viewing on the water, the Nikon 7x50 Action Extreme ATB Binoculars are an ideal optic for boaters who often find themselves on rough or rolling seas. With an exceptionally wide exit pupil, users will enjoy seeing the entire scene laid out before them with the movement of the horizon line greatly minimized, plus their long eye relief provides room to back off the eyepieces for a more comfortable viewing position. These design features help mitigate the disorientation and discomfort often experienced when looking through optical devices on the water. The traditional Porro prism design, when combined with the over-sized objective lenses, BAK4 prism glass, and anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics, delivers immersive high-contrast views that are bright and sharp, with accurate colors and a rich depth of field so users can differentiate the relative distance between objects in the view. For hunters, birders, and outdoor enthusiasts, the large exit pupil and large objectives make the Action Extreme perfect for scanning and identifying game at dawn and dusk, or under heavy canopies.
Complementing this optical performance are design details that allow the Action Extreme to withstand the rigors of outdoor life. The Porro prism design has an inherently balanced and comfortable feel in the hand for long-duration observation sessions, and the chassis is wrapped in a rubber armor that provides a sure and reliable grip in cold and wet weather. Their optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof, and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme temperature and environmental conditions. For hands-free use, the binoculars are tripod mountable to eliminate arm fatigue and greatly reduce vibrations. A tethered one-piece ocular rainguard covers the eyecups as they hang around the neck and prevents rain and spraying water from filling them, and the objective lens caps can clip onto the neck strap to keep them safe from blowing overboard or being lost on the forest floor.
From the trail, to the range, to the boat, the 7x50 Action Extreme binoculars are engineered to deliver the performance required by discerning observers—especially boaters and outdoor enthusiasts who won't let inclement weather and rough seas keep them at home or in a safe harbor.
- 7x power provides moderate magnification while helping to produce a wide exit pupil for enhanced low-light use
- Large 50mm objective lenses provide improved low-light performance versus smaller-objective models, ensuring images are bright even in challenging conditions
- Traditional Porro prism design makes them comfortable to hold and presents a rich depth of field
- High-index BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity and improve contrast and image brightness
- 335-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large textured and slip-resistant center fast-focusing knob is easy to manipulate in cold or wet weather or while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction enables users to compensate for individual optical prescriptions for clearer views; large adjustment lever is easy to find and use
- 56-72mm interpupillary adjustment range allows use by a wide variety of people
- Twist-up/click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter enables hands-free use to eliminate hand shake/vibrations and arm fatigue
- Long 17.1mm eye relief helps to reduce eyestrain and improves viewing comfort
- Exceptionally wide 7.1mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils to keep the full scene in view and limit disorientation, even as pupils open and dilate in low light
- Environmentally friendly prisms and lenses feature Eco-Glass that is made without lead and arsenic
- Protective textured rubber armoring provides a slip-resistant grip in cold or wet weather
- Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed to be waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature and environmental conditions
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups from water pooling in them from rain or spraying water when hanging from the neck
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 35.3 ounces