The black Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is designed to bring sonic performance distilled from the company's reputable studio condensers to the realm of home recording for podcasters, musicians, and content creators. The capsule features a low-mass, side-address diaphragm with a cardioid polar pattern for rejecting ambience and noise behind the mic, a welcome trait when tracking in untreated rooms. It comes with a pivoting stand mount for straightforward attachment to your existing mic stand.
The AT2020's extended, linear frequency response enables the flexibility to accurately reproduce signals from a wide variety of sources such as vocals, speech, and instruments. High SPL handling and wide dynamic range allow the AT2020 to capture loud signals with minimal noise and distortion. Since the AT2020 is a solid-state condenser with an XLR output, it should be mated to an XLR-equipped mic preamp capable of sending 48V phantom power.
Studio Quality at Home
Cardioid Polar Pattern
Ready for Daily Use
Features at a Glance
- Custom-engineered 0.6" low-mass diaphragm
- Extended frequency response and superior transient response
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide great versatility
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of the desired sound source
- Stand mount allows placement in tight spots
- Operates on 48 VDC phantom power from a range of devices such as portable mixers, desktop audio interfaces, or external mic preamps
- Balanced XLR 3-pin output connector