The B+W 67mm Soft Pro Filter can be applied to purposely reduce the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles in portraits or to apply a general soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness. An array of small lenses distributed throughout the surface of this filter softens highlight contrast and reduces glare, which can be useful for creating a more flattering result of a subject. Additionally, a glowing effect around highlights is created which distributes ambient illumination to darker areas within a scene, helping to uniformly balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows. This can further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect while detail is increased within shadow regions.
This filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity and features an F-Pro brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- General soft-focus effect while maintaining overall sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Softens highlight contrast and reduces glare
- Creates glowing effect around highlights
- Helps to uniformly balance the tonal range among highlights and shadows
- Increases shadow detail
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity
- F-Pro brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength
- 67mm front filter threads allow for use with other filters
- Plastic case included for storage and transport