The multipurpose Allen & Heath ZED-12FX mixer combines six mic/line inputs, three stereo inputs for effect returns and portable music players or keyboards, a 24-bit effects processor, and a USB digital audio interface compatible with Mac and Windows computers-in a compact and portable package small enough for carrying to your gig, whether recording live or in the studio.
Channels 1 through 6 can be accessed through balanced XLR or 1/4" mic/line inputs and feature low-noise DuoPre preamps with 69 dB of gain. They are also equipped with responsive, 3-band swept-mid EQs, which utilize MusiQ technology to optimize the Q factor proportional to the amount of boost or attenuation.
The built-in DSP engine offers sixteen effects to choose from, ranging from classic reverbs and delays to cascaded delays with reverbs and shimmering flanger and chorus effects. Delay tempo can be set on the fly using the convenient TAP button.
The ZED-12FX offers a set of four Aux/FX sends, 48V microphone phantom power, XLR main stereo outputs with inserts, a comprehensive monitoring section with two headphone outputs, and a separate monitor speaker output.
- Portable, multipurpose mixer for groups who need to travel light
- 6 x mono channels with channel inserts
- 3 x stereo channels with 2-band EQ and inputs for line-level audio signals
- USB digital audio interface for stereo recording to Mac or Windows computer
- Wide-gain DuoPre mic/line preamps
- 24-bit effects processor with 16 time-delay effects—reverbs, delays, flanger, chorus, and more
- Responsive 3-band, swept-mid EQ with MusiQ technology
- Flexible monitoring section with 1/4" and 3.5mm headphone outputs
- XLR L/R main stereo outputs with inserts
- Mono output jack with mono sum of the main L/R post-fade signals
- Neutrik XLR and 1/4" connectors
- 2 x pre-fade Aux sends
- 1 x post-fade Aux send
- 1 x FX send for built-in effects
- Illuminated mute buttons
- Sound image pans
- Illuminated PFL and peak-warning indicator
- ALPS 100mm faders
- Stereo returns & playback
- All inputs feature gain control
- 48V microphone phantom power
- 12-bar meters
- Mono/stereo function on auxes 1 & 2
- Stereo monitor outs
- Alt stereo output level control for connecting a pair of monitors separate from the main output speakers
- Rack ears available separately