Canon's HV40 gives you the quality of HDV recording at an affordable price for the aspiring or indie film-maker. Capture true 1920 x 1080 video like a pro with the camera's 2.96Mp CMOS sensor, DIGIC DV II Image Processor and 10x HD Video Lens. If you feel like recording in standard definition the camera affords you that flexibility as well. And there's no need to carry a still camera around because the camcorder captures 3.1Mp still images to miniSD cards.
The HV40 boasts a range of film-like shooting rates, including 24p Native (60i) and Cinema Modes and 30p Progressive Mode. To make even higher quality videos there's the Advanced Accessory Shoe for attaching external Canon lights and microphones that run off the power of the camcorder. If you're looking for a tape-based camcorder to take your videos to the next level, the HV40 has what you need.
Record to MiniDV
Image Sensor & DIGIC DV II
Canon 10x HD Video Lens
2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD
3.1Mp Digital Photos
SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
Creative Control & Workflow Features
- Built-in flash for stills indoors or in low light
- HDMI for watching videos on HDTV with just one cable
- Custom Key: let's you keep commonly used functions available at a touch
- 24p Cinema Mode gives your videos a "film-look" - enhanced when used with the CINE setting
- 30p Progressive Mode great for action or sports footage or video that will be uploaded to the Internet
- Native 24p Mode for shooting 24 frames per second - the frame rate of film, used by professional filmmakers
- Advanced Accessory Shoe for attaching external Canon lights or microphones that run off the camera's power