The Shure SLX24/SM58 is a rackmount wireless handheld microphone system that brings reliable transmission and high-quality audio to presenters, performers, clergy, and instructors. Fast to set up and easy to operate, it is suitable for A/V installations in lecture halls, conference rooms, and houses of worship as well as for use in performance spaces including musical stages, theaters, and more.
The SLX24/SM58 features a half-rack receiver housed in a rugged, full-metal chassis. It utilizes Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from RF interference. The receiver's auto-scan function searches a 24 MHz UHF tuning range with 960 selectable frequencies available, seeking out a clean, interference-free channel, even when operating multiple systems simultaneously.
This configuration includes the SLX2 handheld transmitter with an interchangeable capsule design and equipped with the legendary SM58 cardioid dynamic capsule, an industry standard for vocalists and presenters. The handheld transmitter provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries, with a fixed 30mW RF power output and a transmission range up to 330'. Up to 12 wireless mics can operate simultaneously in the same space.
- Auto-scan instantly locates a clear, interference-free channel for safe transmission
- Predictive diversity technology uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur, greatly improving reception
- Shure’s patented Audio Reference Companding delivers crystal-clear audio with a 45 Hz to 15 kHz frequency response
- Automatically synchronize the frequency between the transmitter and the receiver via the easily accessible infrared (IR) port
- A two–position gain switch allows you to adjust the mic's level
- Two AA batteries (included) provide up to 8 hours of continuous use
- Power switch doubles as mute switch with quick press
- Frequency, power, and mute lockout
- Backlit LCD shows group, channel, battery, and lockout status
- Lightweight design with molded ABS housing
- Detachable 1/4 wave antennas
- Multifunction, backlit LCD showing group, channel, frequency, transmitter battery strength, and locked/unlocked status
- The back panel houses a balanced XLR mic-level output as well as an unbalanced 1/4" instrument-level output
- Volume control is located on the rear of the unit
- Frequency and power lockout
- Rugged metal construction
The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the SM58 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including SM86, Beta 58A, Beta 87C, Beta 87A capsules, and more.
The UA844+ antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
- The WL185 cardioid lavalier mic offers presenters a hand-free option with clear vocal reproduction
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications
- The PGA31 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance
- Instrumentalists can attach the WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone for brass, woodwind, and percussion applications
- The WA302 guitar cable lets you connect the bodypack transmitter to a guitar or bass