The Shure ULXS14 is a wireless guitar system that brings reliable transmission and high-quality audio to guitar and bass players. In addition to the portable ULXS4 receiver, this configuration features the ULX1 bodypack transmitter and the WA302 instrument cable. The system is suitable for lecture halls, conference rooms, and houses of worship, as well as performance spaces, musical stages, theaters, and more.
The ULXS4 receiver features a plastic, half-rack-size chassis that is simple to use. The receiver's autoscan function searches a 36 MHz UHF tuning range with 1440 selectable frequencies available, seeking out a clean channel for clear, interference-free transmission. Manually enter the selected frequency into the transmitter, and you're up and running. If the RF environment changes and interference is heard, simply rescan with the receiver, and set the transmitter to the new frequency.
This configuration comes with a WA302 guitar/bass locking cable, which safely connects your instrument to the transmitter. The lightweight bodypack transmitter provides up to 8 hours of operation on a 9V battery and has a transmission range up to 300'. The unit offers a TA4M input with an adjustable input level.
The system can be expanded to allow up to 40 wireless channels to operate simultaneously in the same space.
Fast Setup and Reliable Performance
- Autoscan instantly locates a clear, interference-free channel for safe transmission
- Predictive diversity technology uses a microprocessor to switch antennas before dropouts occur, greatly improving reception
- Shure’s patented Audio Reference Companding delivers crystal clear audio with a 25 Hz to 15 kHz frequency response
- Lightweight plastic construction
- 1/2 rack size chassis can be rackmounted with UA506 (single) or UA507 (dual) hardware kits—available separately
- Detachable 1/4 wave antennas
- Multifunction backlit LCD shows group, channel, and transmitter battery strength
- Audio level meters
- Back panel houses a balanced XLR mic-level output as well as an unbalanced 1/4" instrument-level output
- TA4M mic/line input connector
- 25 dB adjustable gain range and a -20 dB pad to accommodate a wide variety of microphone and instrument levels
- Manual frequency setting to match receiver
- Frequency and power lockout to prevent accidents
- Backlit LCD shows group, channel, battery power, and lockout status
- Lightweight design
- 9V battery provides up to 8 hours of continuous use
Gig-Worthy WA302 Instrument Cable
- The 2.5' long WA302 instrument cable connects the 1/4" output of your guitar or bass to the bodypack transmitter's locking TA4M input
Improve Your Wireless Performance
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805 passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference
- The UA844+ antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time
Add Functionality to Your System
- The WL185 cardioid lavalier mic is a hands-free mic option that clips to clothing for presenters and performers
- The WL184 supercardioid lavalier mic offers a narrower, feedback-resistant pickup pattern for louder events
- The discrete MX153 sub-miniature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications
- The PGA31 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance
- Instrumentalists can attach the WB98H/C flexible gooseneck instrument microphone for brass, woodwind, and percussion applications
- The ULX2 handheld transmitter is available with different mic capsules for presenters and performers who prefer the flexibility of a handheld microphone