The MXO2 LE with MAX (Laptop) from Matrox is designed to provide all the features of an I/O card in a sturdy, portable breakout box. It features both professional audio and video connectivity. The device can easily be moved among laptops in your facility or in the field as the need arises. This model is designed for use with either PC or Mac laptops.
This model features Matrox MAX, a technology that implements faster than real-time H.264 encoding for resolutions ranging from iPod to HD. It uses a dedicated hardware processor to accelerate the creation of H.264 files for Blu-ray, the web, and mobile devices. By using specialized hardware acceleration, jobs are finished more quickly and system resources are liberated for other tasks. This technology allows direct export to higher-quality H.264 Blu-ray compliant files from Compressor.
This solution offers broadcast-quality audio & video input and output. Calibration controls include blue-only. You also benefit from a wide variety of HD and SD workflows with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro thanks to Matrox MXO2 LE's 10-bit hardware up/down/cross scaling engine and support for a wide variety of file-based formats and industry-standard codecs.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 support for Mac OSX to be available in early November 2010.
- Works with PCs or Intel-based MacBook Pros
- Fits in your laptop bag
- 4-pin XLR power connector for AC or field battery operation
- HD/SD SDI, HD/SD analog component, Y/C, and composite inputs and outputs
- Genlock - SD analog black burst (bi-level) or HD tri-level sync
- 10-bit HDMI input, output, and monitoring with calibration controls including blue-only
- 10-bit real-time hardware up/down/cross conversion on capture and output
- Up to five user selectable simultaneous video outputs: HD and/or SD on HDMI, SDI, and analog
- RS-422 machine control for frame-accurate capture and print-to-tape
- Captures to virtually all codecs, including Apple ProRes 422 HQ and 10-bit uncompressed HD
- File-based workflow support - XDCAM, XDCAM HD, XDCAM EX, P2, P2HD
- RED workflow support
- HD-SDI closed captioning support
- Works with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Color, Adobe After Effects and all QuickTime applications that support the V-out component
- Three-year hardware warranty and complimentary telephone support from Matrox
- Baseline and main profile encoding algorithms
- CABAC entropy encoding for high quality
- CAVLC entropy encoding for mobile devices
- High-quality scaling with de-interlacing
- Color space conversions: HD to SD, SD to HD, RGB to YUV
- GOP structure controls
- Bitrate controls from 100Kbps to 50Mbps
- HD 1080i, 1080p, 720p
- NTSC, PAL
- Apple TV
- Customizable settings can be easily created to meet special needs