The A80Mf 80mm f/11 Achro Refractor Telescope from Vixen is capable of rendering high-resolution planetary, lunar, and deep-sky images; and with the included 90° erect-image diagonal installed, the scope can be used as a conventional terrestrial spotting scope. This version of the A80Mf comes with the Porta II alt-azimuth mount, two eyepieces, the diagonal, and a finderscope.
Vixen Optics A80Mf 80mm f/11 Achro Refractor Telescope (OTA Only)
The Vixen Optics A80Mf 80mm f/11 Achro Refractor Telescope is designed with an achromatic lens system that produces bright and clear high-contrast images with true color representation across its entire distortion-free field of view. Its 80mm objective gathers more light than smaller-objective models while still being easy to handle and transport, especially when you have to carry it a distance to your observation site. This lens system, coupled with the fully coated optics, will give you great views of the Moon, planets, planetary moons, and brighter deep sky objects. You will be able to split binary stars and observe bright objects with virtually no comas.
The scope comes with two eyepieces that offer low and moderate magnifications, and a 90° erect-image prism that makes it ideal for both astronomical and terrestrial use. Vixen offers the A80Mf here without a mount or tripod for users with a reliable support system, and the included mounting ring set includes a Vixen-style dovetail plate that makes it compatible with a wide variety of alt-azimuth, equatorial, and GoTo mounting systems.
Optical Tube Assembly
- 80mm objective
- f/11 focal ratio
- 910mm focal length
- Refractor-style optical path
- Achromatic lens configuration corrects spherical and chromatic aberrations to produce distortion-free high-contrast images with true color representation
- Fully coated optics produce bright and clear images with true color rendition
- Resolution: 1.45 arcsec
- Rack-and-pinion focuser with 1.25" focusing tube
- Standard 42mm T-thread for prime-focus astrophotography; optional camera-specific T-ring required
- Dew/sun shield reduces interference from peripheral terrestrial light and limits condensation on objective
- OTA only; mount and tripod required for proper use
- Mounting ring assembly enables the optical tube orientation to be adjusted for precise eyepiece placement and to avoid interference with other gear
- Weight: 5.5 pounds
- 1.25"-diameter barrel
- Compatible with most astronomical filters
- 20mm, produces 45.5x magnification
- 6.3mm, produces 144x magnification
- Integrated erect-image prism for terrestrial observations
- 90° angle puts head in a comfortable viewing position when optical tube assembly is aimed straight up or when using as a conventional spotting scope
- 30mm objective
- 6x magnification ensures a wide field of view for faster alignment and easier star-hopping navigation
- 7° angle of view
Vixen Optics Porta II Alt-Azimuth Mount
Built to support a 20 lb payload, and equipped with two fine adjustment handles for whole circle slow motion in both directions, the Porta II Mount from Vixen comes with a sturdy set of legs that adjust from 35 to 51". The Porta II minimizes support-system-oriented frustration when searching for and tracking celestial objects.
The Porta II is solid, and its slow-motion flexible handles minimize vibrations to keep the view sharp. Precision tracking of planets and ships on the horizon becomes a simple event thanks to a fine-tooth geared drive that's activated by turning the elevation or azimuth control handles.
The "World-Standard" dovetail system ensures that the Porta II can be used to support most dovetail-mounted optical tube assemblies (OTAs) and binoculars. The Porta II mount head is detachable and compatible with all other Vixen tripods. The tripod is constructed from rugged aluminum alloy, and the legs extend from 35 to 51".