Swarovski Optik presents the Z5 - a superior sighting system with outstanding optics and mechanics - and it's neatly configured into a trim 1.0" main-tube. With Its spectacular field of view, crisp edge-to-edge sharpness, and rugged field-ready construction - The Z5 is well suited for everyday hunting and world-class safaris.
The Z5 3.5-18x44 pushes the envelope - it delivers a broad magnification range, yet it's relatively light, compact, and of course - reliable. The entire scope is fully water and fogproof thanks to a meticulous nitrogen-purging process. The low-profile turrets offer ¼ MOA click-stop corrections, and the rectangular adjustment range provides a generous 58 MOA of elevation correction. The lenses have been fully multicoated to optimize light transmission, and the external lens surfaces have been treated with a scratch-resistant SWARODUR protective coating.
This Z5 is configured with a rugged 1.0" aluminum-alloy main-tube, side focus parallax correction, a matte black finish, and a Plex reticle in the second focal plane.
A mounting base and rings are used to attach a riflescope to a firearm. A comfortable sight picture is contingent upon the height of the rings. A comfortable cheek-weld is the result of properly positioning the scope over the receiver. Mounting the scope close to the receiver is preferable, yet scopes with larger objectives need higher rings so the front bell can clear the barrel. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- Objective: 44 mm - provides excellent twilight performance
- Side focus knob: adjusts parallax error from 55 m - infinity
- SWAROTOP coatings: anti-reflective multicoating enhances light transmission
- SWARODUR coating: protective scratch-resistant coating on external lens surfaces
- 5x magnification range offers a wide field of view and the ability to zoom in for close-up observation
- 1.0" Aluminum alloy main tube
- Scratch-resistant anodized coating on exterior surfaces
- Nitrogen purged main tube is waterproof to 13.0'/4.0 m
- Erector assembly features a 4-point coil spring system for repeatability
- Micro-grooves on the tube's interior minimize residual reflections for bright high-contrast viewing
Plex Reticle in the Second Focal Plane
- Plex reticle: four long medium weight tapered posts. The posts stand out well against dark backgrounds while fine cross hairs establish your exact point of aim. The narrow gate of this reticle isolates your point of aim quickly to ensure rapid target acquisition.
- Second focal plane positioning of the reticle maintains the reticle's size across the magnification range.